• Searching for the right transfer

#69867  by Furmanoid
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:33 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:19 am
I agree one thousand percent. Look at Jake Stephens who dominated our team. Yes, he did lose but still performed well. If FU ever wants to make a run at something more than a SOCON championship they need a true big man. If we are going for a shooter we need to be able to shoot better as a team. The only player that preformed well against SDSU was Alex Williams and he was the only one. By having a traditional big man, the shots may even open for our shooters.
We probably need to tweak something.

FAU. 26 3PA/game 36% from 3
UConn. 25.3 36%
Miami. 20 37%
SDSU. 19 34%
FU. 27 34%

If we are going to shoot more 3’s than the top teams and play with a small lineup, isn’t it obvious that we need to shoot a little better?
 #69885  by youwouldno
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:00 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:33 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:19 am
I agree one thousand percent. Look at Jake Stephens who dominated our team. Yes, he did lose but still performed well. If FU ever wants to make a run at something more than a SOCON championship they need a true big man. If we are going for a shooter we need to be able to shoot better as a team. The only player that preformed well against SDSU was Alex Williams and he was the only one. By having a traditional big man, the shots may even open for our shooters.
We probably need to tweak something.

FAU. 26 3PA/game 36% from 3
UConn. 25.3 36%
Miami. 20 37%
SDSU. 19 34%
FU. 27 34%

If we are going to shoot more 3’s than the top teams and play with a small lineup, isn’t it obvious that we need to shoot a little better?
Yeah if only Bob Richey thought of that, have your team make more shots :lol:
 #69888  by saltyshaker
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 pm
corecting his name kadin shedrick uva center. 6'11" 231 lbs. vrs us he scored 15 points and had 13 rebounds.i would think he could have a huge and immediate impact i would certainly give him a call.
 #69892  by soconjohn
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:08 pm
Edey is slow...Bottom line...Nothing he did offensively, but what he couldn't do defensively...That's what I mean...Short never puts you at a disadvantage in basketball...That's the second biggest lie ever told...Rebounding is all effort...Rim protector is probably true...But I'll take shorter, faster, and more athletic all day...I am sure coaches like Tobin Anderson, Bob Richey etc would agree...Tall isn't bad, but it's not the end all be all...In fact, to add to that..Watch UConn's freshman 7-footer...I'd take him over Edey all day because of how he runs the floor in transition defense.
 #69895  by soconjohn
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:02 pm
The problem with trying to get a seven-footer is if you go that route, you're going to get a project to start with...There are very few Jake Stephens-like players at the mid-major level that would have a chance to grow into the type player he did...If he'd started at Chattanooga, I'd argue he'd never been able to develop like he was able to do at VMI prior to getting to UTC...Power fives get the very few really good seven-footers...Coaches know this...There are a lot more 6-8/6-9 players that have skill and are ready to win right away...That's the smarter option.
Roundball, dornb, MNORM liked this
 #69937  by KingPaladin
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:01 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 pm
corecting his name kadin shedrick uva center. 6'11" 231 lbs. vrs us he scored 15 points and had 13 rebounds.i would think he could have a huge and immediate impact i would certainly give him a call.
He's going to stay high-major with all the attention he's been getting
 #69947  by furpop16
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:21 am
The family 2016 Furmanite's baby brother graduated from Fort Lewis College. The liberal-arts school of the Colorado state system. ~4,000 students. As beautiful in its 6,500ft Big Sky elevation as Furman is in its own climate. Might be a nice fit for the kid. Here's the school's page on him: https://goskyhawks.com/sports/mens-bask ... l-kot/8392
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.