• Bothwell & Slawson

#69355  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:24 pm
Thank you guys for coming back, you will be remembered forever as two all time Furman greats & ABSOLUTE LEGENDS to wear the Purple & White!
dornb, jesse174, rangab and 3 others liked this
 #69358  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:41 pm
Yes so happy that they came back and got what they missed out on last year. Mission accomplished. Still pretty incredible to think they came back when they could have went elsewhere and got paid. Two fine young men!
dornb, rangab liked this
 #69364  by purplehorse
 Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:51 pm
Would be one thing for them to come back and win the regular season southern conference and # 1 seed. But then they accomplished their real goal of winning the tourney. But to beat UVA was icing on the cake and the highlight of their careers. Quite a story. Not to mention becoming the winningest players in Furman basketball history. They made the right decision to come back and helped CBR make it happen. Few players finish their careers on such an overall high note.
dornb liked this
 #69376  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:51 am
I know we all have wondered in the past how we were going to replace a certain player or 2. These 2 IMHO are on another level and will be harder to replace than any other(s) before them. Mike Bothwell and Jalen Slawson are leaders. MB was the leading scorer and one of the best clutch players I’ve ever seen at FU. Jalen Slawsson has done things at FU few have done before. His size, length and overall atleticism is at the top of FU’s all time list. He turned himself into one of Furman’s best players ever. We have no one that can do what JS could do. He was a complete player. I will surely miss watching these 2 play. I wish them all the best at the pro level if that is where they choose to go. Replacing these 2 will be very difficukt if not imposible.
dornb liked this
 #69381  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:36 am
I am not sad about the loss but sad we will not get to see these 2 play again and yesterday could very well be the end of an era. Just so thankful for everyone involved.
 #69385  by FurmanFan23
 Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:54 pm
I really truly hope that their jerseys will be retired by the end of the year. No reason to wait. Go ahead and do it. We all know they deserve it. Make it happen FU!
apaladin, dornb, bj93 liked this
 #69386  by FurmanFan23
 Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:49 pm
In the age of players leaving and transferring from schools like furman, this kind of commitment to the University that should be recognized immediately. These two definitely could have gone other places but decided to come back to Furman. This is unheard of in college basketball now a days.
apaladin, dornb, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #69388  by Fupaladin68
 Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:33 pm
Could not agree more with all that is posted above. Glad I got to witness the exploits of both Jalen and Mike and their surrounding cast lead by our best Head Coach ever, Bob Richey.
dornb, rangab liked this
 #69853  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:26 am
Might find some folks that dispute that @FurmanHoops claim about the #3…

#69854  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:59 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:26 am
Might find some folks that dispute that @FurmanHoops claim about the #3…

Is racing a real sport? Seriously, that race car driver does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as our #3.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.