With 1 game of the Elite 8 completed we have teams left: UPDATE

Big Ten - 0
Pac 12 - 0
ACC - 1
SEC - 0
Big 12 - 1
Big East - 2
Mid-Major - 3

P5 only 16 % represented. There are more mid-majors than P-5. HAHAHA!

When they interview the head of the NCAA Committee a good question would be - When are you going to stop over-rating the P-5, especially the Big 10?

The answer would probably be never but I would like to be the one to ask the question anyway. Just to see them squirm.
bj93, Bootie liked this
 #69858  by Roundball
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:28 am
I am going tired of the talk that the Final Four is going to be a 'snooze fest", or that it is the weakest field ever. These blue blood fans and commentators make me sick. But, I am telling you, sooner than later, the P6 teams are going to break away and March Madness will be destroyed. Those teams cannot stand losing their power and money.
 #69894  by FurmAlum
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:00 pm
Agree 100% RB. I bet the FAU-SDSU game will get excellent T.V. ratings, too.

And also agree with FUBeAR and AP in the the previous threads about March Madness and the money hungry P5 schools.

The extra Covid year, the Transfer Portal, and One and Done, among a few other things has increased the parity in college basketball. Team oriented Mid-Majors like Furman who have players that stay 4-5 years can now compete with these P5 schools with all the individual freshman "stars".

And that parity would be even greater if the Mid-Majors didn't have to play all their early season games against P5 schools on the road.

We saw what happens when we get P5 on a neutral court. I'm talking about you Virginia, Dook, Tennessee, Alabama,
Kentucky, UCLA, Kansas State, Missouri, Arizona, Purdue, and a few others I can't remember.
FU Hoopla, Roundball liked this
 #69907  by Roundball
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:29 am
This is good. It is these kind of games and reactions that will forever make the NCAA Tournament the best sporting event in the world.

Paladin82 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.