• Furman vs. San Diego St. (March 18th 12:10pm Orlando, FL)

#69515  by Furman Sports Report
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:39 am
It was the third consecutive game that San Diego State held an opponent to its lowest point total this season. The first one was Utah State in the MWC tournament championship. In the MWC semifinals, the Aztecs held San Jose State to 49, one above its season low.

When I asked Coach Richey about getting Rett Lister in at the end of the game, he had some great words about teams becoming powerful when everybody not only accepts their role, they embrace them and thrive in them.

My final game story of the season here:
http://www.furmansportsreport.com/2023/ ... g-for.html
FU Hoopla, hypercycloid, apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #69537  by Roundball
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:54 pm
Huge tv viewership for our game against San Diego State. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2023/0 ... iewership/

I am not trying to imply anything here except state the facts. 4.82 million watched our game. For comparison, 1 million watched the FCS championship game.

BTW. On just the CBS tweet, 6.7 million views, including at least 102 for me.

dornb liked this
 #69541  by FUBeAR
 Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:02 pm
So…some of you people are trying to claim that the general public has a higher level of viewing interest in the NCAA Basketball Tournament / March Madness than they do for the NCAA FCS Playoffs?

Always good to know we have the top brass on our side.
FurmanATT liked this
 #69745  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:55 pm
These Aztecs is pretty dang good, ain’t they?
dornb, Roundball, Davemeister and 3 others liked this
 #69772  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:53 pm
If San Diego St. ended up winning the title I would certainly feel a bit better.....................

Was happy to see them demolish Brandon Miller and send his criminal activities to the NBA, still can't believe he was never suspended, that was pathetic....................
dornb, FUBeAR, FU69 liked this
 #69822  by FurmanATT
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:39 pm
In the Furman-SDSU game, afterwards I thought what Charles Barkley said ("men against boys") was basicaly valid. Then I watched the game a 2nd time and thought, well, maybe if the Paladins had hit 3-pointers well, they may have had a chance. From watching the Aztecs since, I've realized that no one shots treys well against that team. Good for them. I hope they win it all. -- MD
dornb, Roundball, FU69 liked this
 #69824  by FurmAlum
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:06 pm
Agree. SDSU was getting good looks and couldn't make a shot for awhile in the second half and still won. Their defense is incredible.

Creighton is a heckuva team too.

SDSU gets the ball inside and when they don't they take those 10 foot pull up jumpers. Some old school, Furmanoid type basketball.
 #69843  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:32 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:06 pm
Agree. SDSU was getting good looks and couldn't make a shot for awhile in the second half and still won. Their defense is incredible.

Creighton is a heckuva team too.

SDSU gets the ball inside and when they don't they take those 10 foot pull up jumpers. Some old school, Furmanoid type basketball.

Hope SDSU wins the title, not because I give a rip about that program but only because they beat us lol!

My gripes about them are I feel they get away with being very grabby defensively, get away with a lot of moving screens and also get away with camping out in the lane too long offensively on most possessions without a single 3 second call going against them.

Re-watching the highlights from our game reminded me how awful the officiating in that game was, midway through first half refs took over and controlled it for SDSU the rest of the way.....................

FU69 liked this