• Up Next: at UNCA Sunday 4PM Channel 40

#6957  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:52 am
UNCA has really struggled in their 4 D1 games(0-4) averaging under 50 points a game. 49, 50, 52 and 38 points. They scored 38 points in their last home game against Manhattan. With that said I expect this game not to be easy.
 #6962  by Fessor
 Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:21 pm
Channel 40? C'mon man, you gotta make that drive. On top of that, great city. Go up early, have lunch at Suwana's Thai Orchid on College St. (http://www.suwanasthaiorchid.com). I know it will mean a drive home down the mountain in pitch dark, but if you die in a horrific fiery accident, you'll at least have died doing something you loved.

Fill up the car, check to make sure your life insurance premium has been paid, and go to the game. If I was even remotely close, I'd be there.
FUKA61, FUpaladin08, FU03times and 1 others liked this
 #7059  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:56 pm
Another not so pretty win. 2 games in a row against bad teams that we have not looked sharp. Very lethargic, with not much energy. Need to get thru exams, get Mounce and Brown healthy. I know we played a lot of players and the bench play has been less than stellar except for Clark. Can't keep playing like this. Rafferty and Lyons had a good game today.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #7060  by Jasper
 Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:57 pm
The best thing about this game was that Andrew Brown was dressed and warmed up but did not play. It is looking better for a speedy return. FU will need him for league play; which is setting up to be very tough. Mercer lost by 4 to NC State last night.
furpop16 liked this
 #7068  by youwouldno
 Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:22 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:56 pm
Another not so pretty win. 2 games in a row against bad teams that we have not looked sharp. Very lethargic, with not much energy. Need to get thru exams, get Mounce and Brown healthy. I know we played a lot of players and the bench play has been less than stellar except for Clark. Can't keep playing like this. Rafferty and Lyons had a good game today.
For perspective, Massey favored the Paladins by 8 and Pomeroy did by 10. So, objectively, it was not a bad performance.

UNC-Asheville was effective in really slowing the pace of the game - by far Furman's slowest of the year. There's only so much you can do about that - the main thing I think is that the Paladins need to get better in transition, which has fallen off a lot compared to the experienced, guard-heavy group last season.
 #7070  by Paul C
 Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:20 pm
I don’t think we are finishing on the break as well as last year. Ok, when we aren’t dunking :)

Something that will get better with experience...Gurley, Bothwell etc still finding their rhythm.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.