• Thanks to the Furman Basketball Team - What a fun and great year!

#69334  by Northeast Furman Fan
 Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:00 pm
I hope that a lot of people chime in. We have been treated to a lot of great Furman basketball over the past few years and this year's team was a lot of fun to watch and deserves a lot of credit and thanks. The accomplishments speak for themselves. I am proud to be a Furman fan and proud of this team. A huge thank you for all of your hard work, your efforts, and how you have made Furman basketball so much fun.
dornb, rangab, Bootie liked this
 #69336  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:10 pm
Northeast Furman Fan wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:00 pm
I hope that a lot of people chime in. We have been treated to a lot of great Furman basketball over the past few years and this year's team was a lot of fun to watch and deserves a lot of credit and thanks. The accomplishments speak for themselves. I am proud to be a Furman fan and proud of this team. A huge thank you for all of your hard work, your efforts, and how you have made Furman basketball so much fun.
Best season on record. Thanks to all involved. It was a fun ride. Now the long 5 month drought without any major FU sports.
dornb liked this
 #69338  by dornb
 Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:12 pm
I agree 100%! I am so proud of all of our players, coaches, and everyone who helped. The whole country now knows who Furman University is and what a Paladin is. I know this is not how Mike and Jalen wanted to end their Furman careers, but they showed the world that they were great players with a lot of class! Thanks to them all! Go Paladins!
gman84 liked this
 #69346  by FurmanATT
 Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:10 pm
I sure enjoyed it. They are a sportswriter's dream. Richey is intense but also thoughtful, eloquent and self-effacing. I write what I see. What I see is splendid. Slawson and Bothwell are irreplaceable, but they will be. If everything stays together, Richey will cultivate the same development.
As Merle Haggard sang, "Holding things together ain't no easy thing to do."
Bringing Furman to this point wasn't easy.
Has there ever been a better time to be a Furman Paladin? Basketball AND football are in good hands.
Enjoy. -- MD
apaladin, Roundball, dornb and 6 others liked this
 #69351  by Fupaladin68
 Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:26 pm
Been watching Furman basketball since I watched the first game ever televised in South Carolina when Frank Selvy hit the century mark in 1954. I listened to games on the radio until I finished high school keeping my own stats on the team. I remember seeing Furman upset 4th ranked Davidson 10 years later as a high-school senior. I remember having games taped and sent to me the whole year I was in Vietnam from 12/70 to 11/71. I remember having season tickets during 1973-74 season in only year I lived in Greenville after finishing Furman. And I remember riding the train from NYC to Philadelphia for our first and only NCAA tournament victory until Thursday when the Paladins took down VA. We were in Charleston, Timmons and Well and we made it Orlando as well this year. I couldn't be prouder of what this team has accomplished not only this year but for the last 6 plus years.
FUBF24, dornb, hypercycloid and 7 others liked this
 #69374  by Roundball
 Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:33 am
Bootie wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:51 am
Unforgettable season. I’ll be digesting and replaying all the media clips for the foreseeable future.
Me too Bootie. As a matter of fact, I got the notice this morning that I averaged over 6 hours a day last week looking at my iPhone and iPad. I could not get enough. It has been a wonderful year of supporting our Paladins, one that I will cherish for the rest of my life. November 2023 cannot get here soon enough.
dornb, Sad Din, Bootie liked this
 #69379  by ksummerlin
 Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:07 am
Such a fun year. Thanks to this team for working so hard to get back into the NCAA tournament. You made us proud to be Paladins. I was wearing my Furman pullover on Thursday night and complete strangers in the restaurant were congratulating me. You can’t buy that kind of publicity.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #69391  by Sad Din
 Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:55 pm
Just to add to what everyone has already said...

for the Dins and SoCon this has been a Grand Slam, perfect game.. whatever you want to call it.

AMAZIN' year......... great games, great storylines, records, plus a play that will be shown every year for the foreasable future

National recognition both in sports and pop culture.

Two great young men that will represent FU for years to come

On top of that, finally an announcement for not too future facility upgrades

Its gonna be hard coming down from this high but the ride sure is worth it!

Thanks all for this once in a blue moon trip!
din23, apaladin, dornb and 1 others liked this