• Happy tears

#69089  by rangab
 Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:21 pm
Never cried so much. What section is Furmans section of the arena I need 2 tickets and was wondering.
FU Hoopla, bj93, dornb liked this
 #69108  by Bootie
 Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:47 pm
We are in 113 for today’s game, assuming it will be the same. 113 and 114 are ideal.
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #69128  by Sad Din
 Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:17 pm
The irony is that UVA had to live for a year when they were upset a few years ago

Dins had to live for a year when Chatty upset them. On TV all the time

Now UVA will have to live for a year with that shot on TV as what can happen at "March Madness"

And Dins will live happily watching that replay!
dornb liked this
 #69178  by dornb
 Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:52 pm
BucDoctor wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:15 pm
Congrats to the Paladins. I'm proud of how you are representing the conference.

Forward Furman!!!
Thank you, BucDoctor!
FU Hoopla, apaladin liked this
 #69182  by Paul C
 Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:21 pm
I’m out of town ob biz in Cali. Watched the game in my room at the Westin in Palo Alto.

When we hit the game winning 3 I think the hotel manager thought there was a brutal slasher murder on the 4th floor. :)
dornb, FU Hoopla, furpop16 and 5 others liked this
 #69198  by Flagman
 Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:31 pm
rangab wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:21 pm
Never cried so much. What section is Furmans section of the arena I need 2 tickets and was wondering.
Furman’s block was in section 114. May not be the same Saturday.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #69228  by Davemeister
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 am
Hold your water, Folks. A lot of Furman BB yet to come.

As they used to say in Studio 54: "Gotta Keep On Dancin'!"
 #69241  by The Jackal
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:31 pm
din23 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:09 pm
I'm still shaking - never been so happy for a basketball game! It's surreal - it happened!!!
I'm happy for the purple and white.

43 years. Seeing this team get so close to the tournament a few times, just to fall short. The sporting world knows Furman's name today, but they aren't a flash in the pan. We've been good for a while. Just never could quite seem to get over the hump.

I'm happy for the players. Those guys bust their butts out there and earned every minute of this. I love that we aren't "transfer U." I love that these guys committed to Furman, developed their game, and stayed committed to this University when every other program seems like they are changing their roster over every season.

I'm happy too for the players that came before. The ones who laid the foundation. It was 10 years ago that Niko Medved was announced as Furman's head coach and you started to see the program turn. A lot of really successful players - Croone, Sibley, Acox, Mounce, Lyons, Hunter, etc. - never got to experience this as a player. It was great to see Jordan Lyons going berserk on the sidelines now as part of the staff.

I'm happy for the fans and alums. Many of have struggled through some lean years of Furman basketball. You saw yesterday the fans showed up in force. We outnumbered UVA fans in the arena.

We've seen this coming. We went from mediocre seasons to good seasons. We started to take down some notable opponents. We touched the top 25. We've looked the class of the conference for a few years now.

It was just a great day to be a Paladin.
hypercycloid, FUwolfpacker, furpop16 and 3 others liked this
 #69267  by Flagman
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:45 pm
Section 115 for Saturday. Mid-court.
Bootie liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.