• Furman vs. San Diego St. (March 18th 12:10pm Orlando, FL)

#69219  by Roundball
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:54 am
In reading the article about the SDS game with CofC, we are going to be challenged again with another really good defensive team. However, our defense is good too, and they struggle on the offensive end. There is no doubt we can win this game. You have to think that Coach Richey has been on the phone with Niko Medved to get all of the inside scoop on our opponent.
dornb, MNORM liked this
 #69223  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:35 am
The Aztecs are also very deep…

# Player GP GS Minutes AVG
12 Trammell, Darrion 33 32 889 26.9
20 Bradley, Matt 34 34 905 26.6
05 Butler, Lamont 34 33 873 25.7
00 Johnson, Keshad 34 34 753 22.1
03 Parrish, Micah 34 1 738 21.7
31 Mensah, Nathan 34 33 701 20.6
02 Seiko, Adam 32 1 652 20.4
13 LeDee, Jaedon 34 1 618 18.2
33 Arop, Aguek 32 1 506 15.8

We will need to attack them as Cortés did. Conquistadors are just Spanish-speaking Paladins, aren’t they?

A pox on their house! (Just a small pox though. We are not savages, y’know. ;) )
Last edited by FUBeAR on Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FU69 liked this
 #69234  by saltyshaker
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:28 am
i agree this is a very winnable game.was surprised to see the spread initially to be 6.5 but not surprised that it has been dropping.now 5.5.i also think we will see a big game from bothwell on saturday.
the early tip time might also be an advantage for us as this will be a 9:10 am pacific time for san diego st. a time they probably have never ever played.also glad it will be on the cbs network which probably has a higher viewer exposure than the turner networks.
so proud of our never say die paladins.recipe for a win tomorrow.defend,rebound,make our free throws,get a contribution from each of our nine rotational players.win and advance.
dornb liked this
 #69240  by FUpaladin08
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:39 am
I would think SDSU has adjusted to east coast time by now.

I think the best thing going for Furman is yesterday was not the best game for several players, and I don’t think it was the UVA that caused it. Just a lot of missed shots, particularly in the lane. Play a bit better against an equally tough defense tomorrow and they shouldn’t have to hit a buzzer beater to win.

SDSU doesn’t light up the scoreboard similar to UVA so that is very helpful when Furman goes through scoring droughts. Very winnable game, but must play better than yesterday and stay out of foul trouble.
dornb, furpop16 liked this
 #69244  by Furmanoid
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:30 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:39 am
I would think SDSU has adjusted to east coast time by now.

I think the best thing going for Furman is yesterday was not the best game for several players, and I don’t think it was the UVA that caused it. Just a lot of missed shots, particularly in the lane. Play a bit better against an equally tough defense tomorrow and they shouldn’t have to hit a buzzer beater to win.

SDSU doesn’t light up the scoreboard similar to UVA so that is very helpful when Furman goes through scoring droughts. Very winnable game, but must play better than yesterday and stay out of foul trouble.
I agree. I'm disturbingly confident for this one. We didn't play our best yesterday. We were pretty awful in the last couple of minutes, Bothwell wasn't the factor he should have been, Pegues was off, free throws were bad.

And we won against a top ACC team.

If we play a good game tomorrow, it SEEMS like we should have an easier win.

This season is really playing out well. All those conference wins have us so damn confident, that we know we're gonna win no matter how crappy we actually play. That's huge because nobody shoots well in the tourney. Everybody is shaky. Its a matter of who wills themselves to win, and we are doing that. It is also great that CBR is making adjustments he might not have made earlier in his career. I hope he keeps doing it. The press and the zone are great tools to use in certain situations.

I heard something else I really liked yesterday on the broadcast. The year we beat Villanova and even got ranked, CBR was so paranoid about getting fired he couldn't even enjoy it. If he has that sort of new job anxiety (which is COMPLETELY understandable in that line of work), I don't think there's any way he leaves. Why leave total peace of mind? He's got it made, and I think he's normal enough to understand that.
dornb liked this
 #69247  by dornb
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:29 pm
Quote from Furmanoid:

I heard something else I really liked yesterday on the broadcast. The year we beat Villanova and even got ranked, CBR was so paranoid about getting fired he couldn't even enjoy it. If he has that sort of new job anxiety (which is COMPLETELY understandable in that line of work), I don't think there's any way he leaves. Why leave total peace of mind? He's got it made, and I think he's normal enough to understand that.
[/quote]

I heard that too. He said he was miserable and was having nightmares. He knows he has it made at Furman now. Why would he want to go anywhere else?
 #69248  by cavedweller2
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:34 pm
Build a champion here. It is distinctly possible to become the Gonzaga of the East Coast. After this weekend players will want to come to Furman.
dornb, din23 liked this
 #69253  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:25 pm
BTW - As FUBeAR knows affirm will want to know…

If Furman were to be matched up with San Diego State in the Inside HigherEd Academic Bracket, the Paladins wipe out the Aztecs by 27.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.