• Southern Wesleyan

#6847  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:04 pm
Never thought I would be excited about this game but right now I just want to see the Paladins play again. See y'all Wednesday!!
furpop16, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #6848  by Paul C
 Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:18 pm
This is a great game to get the young kids some quality reps. Hope to see a lot of Pugh, Bothwell and Slawson.
 #6852  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:24 am
This is kinda strange but this game, the NGU game and the Villanova game are all non-bracketed games in the Advocare Invitational. The actual bracketed tournament is in Florida on Thanksgiving Day and goes thru Sunday. 8 teams -Villanova, Canisius, Florida St., LSU, Memphis, Charleston, Oklahoma St. and UAB. Furman is the only team not participating in the Florida event. This is strange. Maybe we get a little money for putting the label on the games? Why would they include non-D1 games. Why would they let Furman be a ninth team that doesn't participate?
 #6855  by gman
 Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:38 am
apaladin wrote:
This is kinda strange but this game, the NGU game and the Villanova game are all non-bracketed games in the Advocare Invitational. The actual bracketed tournament is in Florida on Thanksgiving Day and goes thru Sunday. 8 teams -Villanova, Canisius, Florida St., LSU, Memphis, Charleston, Oklahoma St. and UAB. Furman is the only team not participating in the Florida event. This is strange. Maybe we get a little money for putting the label on the games? Why would they include non-D1 games. Why would they let Furman be a ninth team that doesn't participate?
Where do you see that?
 #6857  by MNORM
 Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:16 am
apaladin wrote:
Didn't we "participate" in a similar tournament last year? I'm fairly certain we were in a non-bracketed side of the Phil Knight Invitational when we played Northeastern and UNH in Nashville...in front of about 100 people.
 #6862  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:03 am
gman wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:38 am
apaladin wrote:
Where do you see that?
https://espnevents.com/advocare-invitational/bracket/
 #6923  by Fessor
 Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:44 pm
gman wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:54 am
58 seconds of this 60 second piece are really well done.
 #6942  by Paul C
 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:16 pm
Pleased to see Slawson get significant minutes.

Clark might be our most improved player
No kidding. Every time I say "Mounce is our most improved player", Tre Clark does something that makes me say wow.
FUKA61, furpep liked this
 #6943  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:47 pm
Good crowd considering, lots of new faces but I wonder if this is there first FU game experience will they come back? I know CBR wanted to play a lot of players and that is fine I just wish we could have made it a little more fun for new fans to get them to come back. Hard to believe we were behind this team late in the first half. They are 0-5 with their closest loss a 12 point loss to Coker. With that said a lethargic game was certainly not unexpected. On to UNCA Sunday. They have struggled early but we need to be ready. FYI- Sundays game is on channel 40 at 4pm.
 #6944  by Paul C
 Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:01 pm
Attendance was 1,506

Normal attendance for a November mid-week D2 game is probably 800

yeah, clearly our least impressive outing of the year. Glad it was So Wesleyan instead of a competent D1 team. Our shooting was off, our defense was out of sync and if not for Rafferty in the post it could have been a really bad night. But the youngsters got experience and the team as a whole got a bit of a reality check.
Fessor liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.