• Bob Richey & Mike Bothwell on CBS today at 12:15pm

#68626  by Paul C
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:59 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:46 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:07 pm
I can tell for sure that E. Davis sure is.
Speaking of ED, been awfully quiet. 🤷🏼‍♂️
She sat near me in Asheville, and I can assure you she wasn’t quiet.

What are you really getting at? Just say it. Own it.
din23, hypercycloid, FU Hoopla and 2 others liked this
 #68637  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:55 pm
apaladin wrote:
Jasper wrote:
She was cheering just as much as anyone all 3 men's games this past weekend in Asheville, regarding BASKETBALL I don't see any reason to give her a hard time, as it stands everything is falling into place with men's hoops as best as anyone could have ever hoped ;)
Roundball liked this
 #68639  by FUBeAR
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:03 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Jasper wrote:
She was cheering just as much as anyone all 3 men's games this past weekend in Asheville, regarding BASKETBALL I don't see any reason to give her a hard time, as it stands everything is falling into place with men's hoops as best as anyone could have ever hoped ;)
 #68640  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:05 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:03 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Jasper wrote:
I don't get it, care to explain?
 #68641  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:39 am
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Jasper wrote:

Didn’t mean anything bad. Just haven’t seen anything on social media but coulda missed it, I’m sure she is excited as everyone else.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #68655  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:17 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:39 am
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Jasper wrote:

Didn’t mean anything bad. Just haven’t seen anything on social media but coulda missed it, I’m sure she is excited as everyone else.

She got up on the ladder and cut down a part of the net during celebration last Monday, I am sure she will be there tonight supporting as well.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #68663  by Jasper
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:55 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:13 pm
ED at least from what I think realizes the value basketball brings to the university. She came from Baylor who has seen monumental success from their basketball program the last 5 years.
You are absolutely correct. She is very aware of the value of sports to the university as a whole. She is totally in support of our various programs and anyone who thinks differently is just wrong. I don't know if one can put a dollar value on what occurred yesterday on national TV in term of exposure. More to come today and then there is the actual game. All this at a time that FU had sent out its acceptance letters to the incoming class and now sits with bated breath as 17- & 18-year-olds make choices that will impact the quality and quantity of that class. Can't tell me that the positive publicity we have gotten and will get in the next few days is not going to persuade some of those kids to move FU up in that selection process alone - not to mention overall brand recognition. There were alumni watch parties in cities around the country for the SoCon championship game and there will be more for the game this week in the tournament. A big part of ED's job is fund raising and that has surely gotten a lot easier with the recognition that our football and basketball teams have gotten this year. She deserves some credit for that.
FU Hoopla, dornb, Fuonetime and 1 others liked this
 #68667  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:02 pm
Plus we're only $10 million shy of turning a campus athletics eye-sore inside & out (Timmons) into a tremendous beautiful campus asset, that will be great for the Basketball programs, the student body and the entire school overall. Nobody is losing sight of that and how all this exposure might help on that front!
dornb, Fuonetime liked this
 #68671  by furpop16
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:33 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Plus we're only $10 million shy of turning a campus athletics eye-sore inside & out (Timmons) into a tremendous beautiful campus asset, that will be great for the Basketball programs, the student body and the entire school overall. Nobody is losing sight of that and how all this exposure might help on that front!

I wonder if there's any opportunity for "upselling"? The $40M plans were drawn way before the conference championship was settled - much less the tournament championship. Are some of the improvements dependent upon the variable success of the campaign? The number of seats, for example? Or the hot-buttered popcorn aroma?
 #68675  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:01 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:33 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:

I wonder if there's any opportunity for "upselling"? The $40M plans were drawn way before the conference championship was settled - much less the tournament championship. Are some of the improvements dependent upon the variable success of the campaign? The number of seats, for example? Or the hot-buttered popcorn aroma?

I think we are pretty set on the $40 million amount, once that is met the next $10 million will go into the practice facility

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.