• Clemson in the Big Dance

#68401  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:41 pm
I have mixed feelings on Clemson getting in the NCAA tournament. If they do get in, it is certain Brownell will be retained as HC. But, that would take away much of the local media coverage for us. It has been said that in order for Brownell to keep his job, he must get his team to the Big Dance. Upon further thinking, I hope Clemson does get in. I don’t want them coming after the real SoCon COY.
 #68414  by Bootie
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:57 pm
Roundball wrote:
I have mixed feelings on Clemson getting in the NCAA tournament. If they do get in, it is certain Brownell will be retained as HC. But, that would take away much of the local media coverage for us. It has been said that in order for Brownell to keep his job, he must get his team to the Big Dance. Upon further thinking, I hope Clemson does get in. I don’t want them coming after the real SoCon COY.
Or, we get matched up, whip their asses and take their media coverage for ourselves. :D
 #68420  by Roundball
 Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:06 am
greenvegas wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:42 pm
I heard on local TV sports that Brownell will be retained whether they make the NCAA tourney or not.
Clemson has a chip on their shoulders and wins big against NC State. That may have just gotten them in. They are also built to beat Virginia tonight, which would seal the deal for the Tigers.
Last edited by Roundball on Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #68427  by Davemeister
 Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:11 am
Meself, I see no prob with them Tigers going to The Dance. Adds to the local interest in the event.

Especially if they are one-and-done and we advance!
Roundball liked this
 #68528  by FUPlayer74
 Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:51 pm
Roundball wrote:
One that concerns me is GT. They may come after CBR.
 #68546  by Roundball
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:33 am
Clemson fans calling for the head of Brownell. I don't get it, but if Clemson does not get in, he is gone. It sounds like they are going to go after former Clemson great Greg Buckner, Associate HC for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
 #68550  by Roundball
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:28 am
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Tech seems like a dead-end job to me. The AD is terrible. It's a city that only cares about professional sports, and the Georgia Bulldogs.
 #68593  by Affirm
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:21 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:33 am
Clemson fans calling for the head of Brownell. I don't get it, but if Clemson does not get in, he is gone. It sounds like they are going to go after former Clemson great Greg Buckner, Associate HC for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
I think Brownell is a great coach. But I do “get” why Clemson fans are calling for his head. 23-10 is a good record, but they should have been able to beat
South Carolina
Loyola Chicago
Louisville
which would have made them 26-7 at this point.
At the same time, I recognize that we are not calling for Richey’s head, even though we should have been able to beat
Citadel away
High Point
which would have made us 29-5 at this point. We absolutely want to keep Richey in any case. I believe Furman basketball will stay strong as long as we have Richey - even if he loses to teams we should beat and even if it’s another 10 (but not 43!)years until we win another SoCon Tournament and go to the NCAA Tournament again. I believe if we keep Richey, we’ll return as champions within the next 2 years! Regardless who our coach is, I want us to return no less often than once every 5 years. Even if Richey leaves us, we should have a standard of at least once every 5 years. (If he stays, he “gets a break on that” until 10 years from now! Ha.)
 #68632  by FUPlayer74
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:28 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:28 am
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Tech seems like a dead-end job to me. The AD is terrible. It's a city that only cares about professional sports, and the Georgia Bulldogs.
CBR is being mentioned as a candidate for the GT job by various media. The coach they fired ( Pastner) was making $2.2 million.
 #68633  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:39 pm
After CU’s bad performance agaunst the offensively challenged Virginia team they are going to the NIT. They coukd do well in the NIT. It’s halftime and Virginia has scored 17 points against Duke. Duke not much better at 24. The ACC is the weakest it has ever been. They may only get 4 possibly 5 teams in.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.