• NCAA Tournament Selection Show (March 12th 6pm CBS)

#68378  by PaladinPower
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:04 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:53 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:13 pm
Like postgame press conference interviews.
Ask and you shall receive.. :D

Anyone else catch CBR say he plans to let Pegues call a lot more plays the next 2 years? I know he's fresh off the biggest win off his life, but that sounds like a guy who is committed to staying. He could be the Rick Byrd, Bob McKillop, Mark Few, of this program. Why not?
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #68379  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:11 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:44 am
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:56 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:55 am
Something to keep in mind, there are 4 former SoCon coaches to occupy big time jobs currently, VA Tech, Wake Forest, South Carolina, Cincinnati. None of those schools are projected to be in the NCAA tourney.
Niko Medved and Colorado State are 14-17 this season as well.
Good example. He’s now one bad season away from kicking himself for leaving Furman. Where do you go if you get fired by Colorado State? You pretty much start over. Unless you are in it strictly for money, why risk moving to a loser? They’ll love you for a minute, but when the team falls to its natural level, you get fired.
NM was/is obviously in it for the money. Left FU before the season was over. Left Drake after one year. FWIW both VMI and UNCG went to the CBI last year and both lost their first game. UNCW beat Middle Tennessee in the final.
 #68385  by gman84
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:38 pm
apaladin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
Something to keep in mind, there are 4 former SoCon coaches to occupy big time jobs currently, VA Tech, Wake Forest, South Carolina, Cincinnati. None of those schools are projected to be in the NCAA tourney.
Good example. He’s now one bad season away from kicking himself for leaving Furman. Where do you go if you get fired by Colorado State? You pretty much start over. Unless you are in it strictly for money, why risk moving to a loser? They’ll love you for a minute, but when the team falls to its natural level, you get fired.
NM was/is obviously in it for the money. Left FU before the season was over. Left Drake after one year. FWIW both VMI and UNCG went to the CBI last year and both lost their first game. UNCW beat Middle Tennessee in the final.
Off topic a bit, but CBR mentioned that J. Jackson brought him to FU. I thought Medved did. Interesting how things turn out.
 #68388  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:44 pm
gman84 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:38 pm
apaladin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
Off topic a bit, but CBR mentioned that J. Jackson brought him to FU. I thought Medved did. Interesting how things turn out.

Richey was hired by Jackson before his final season at FU, then Medved retained him when he was hired a year later
 #68390  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:56 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:45 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:43 pm
Who is J Jackson?
Former FU head basketball coach, now the MVC commissioner surprisingly....................
My son attended Furman during the JJ years. What a joke of a coach. He and his buddies actually camped outside Timmons just to draw attention to the program. Not once did this coach acknowledge their efforts. Having been a season ticket holder for the past almost 30 years, I remember times during his tenure that I looked at the calendar and dreaded having to attend a game. Honestly, seeing my son at the games was the only reason we went during those years. Now, I can't wait until the next game. What a joy it is to be a fan and supporter of our basketball team under COY Bob Richey.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #68391  by Paladin91
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:59 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Who is J Jackson?
Former FU head basketball coach, now the MVC commissioner surprisingly....................
One of the worst ever as far as coaching - so much subbing the team could never establish any rythm. They panned on him during a Bradley-Drake game and I was suprised he was the MWC commissioner. Seemed like a nice guy, but horrible coach. Larry Davis was almost as bad - ended up molesting some woman on a plane. :o
 #68393  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:14 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Who is J Jackson?
One of the worst ever as far as coaching - so much subbing the team could never establish any rythm. They panned on him during a Bradley-Drake game and I was suprised he was the MWC commissioner. Seemed like a nice guy, but horrible coach. Larry Davis was almost as bad - ended up molesting some woman on a plane. :o
Joe Cantafio too, out of 11 seasons coaching at VMI and Furman he had 11 losing seasons..............
 #68395  by gman84
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:19 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:14 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Who is J Jackson?
Joe Cantafio too, out of 11 seasons coaching at VMI and Furman he had 11 losing seasons..............
And people around the country will wonder why it took 43 years to get back ! Let's not forget Gene Davis' tenure.
dornb liked this
 #68396  by FurmanFan23
 Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:44 pm
Regardless of if FU wins in round one or not, I cannot emphasize enough how proud I am of this team and of BR. What we saw on Monday night was something special. The amount of change I have seen in this program is astronomical. It really seems like FU players are winning on and off of the court. This program has prepared these young men to become better members of the community through the building the man program. That is a win in my book regardless of a result from a SOCON championship game. I have never been more proud to be a supporter of Furman and especially Furman Basketball.
dornb, bj93, FU Hoopla and 3 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.