• SoCon Tournament Turnout

#68101  by paladinfan12
 Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:39 am
For years I've seen post after post on this board about Furman's poor turnout at the SoCon tournament. We complain about spring break being the wrong weekend, we complain about how the arena is a dump, and we complain that it should've been hosted in Greenville all along.

I was unable to make the tournament this year, but I have to say that Furman's turnout looked outstanding at all 3 games. I was so impressed to see purple pack the lower bowl of the arena every day on TV. So wish I could've been there. I wanted to extend a huge THANK YOU to those of you who showed up all weekend. Way to rep the FU!
furpop16, Paladin91, FU Hoopla and 3 others liked this
 #68110  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:32 pm
Turnout was great and the FU crowd stayed HYPE, so much fun!

Just think how many students we will be able to get there next year and moving forward with JD and Richey now requesting for spring break to fall on a different week, Paladin purple will be everywhere, its going to be insane :D
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #68182  by FurmanATT
 Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:50 pm
I went to the tournament regularly in the late 1970s and '80s, then came the NASCAR years and now I've been to 3 in 4 years. I have never seen a Furman crowd to match this year's. -- MD
dornb, FU Hoopla, apaladin and 2 others liked this
 #68294  by HammerTKE
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:55 pm
I still don't have my full voice back after three days of screaming in Asheville, but oh, it was so worth it!!! Two days later and I still have on a perma-grin and have worn nothing but Furman attire. Now would be a great time for Furman to have all that new branded attire (like Basketball and Football jersey's) that we've been asking for. There has to be a huge demand for Furman gear that will only be even higher after we start pulling off upsets next week!
FU Hoopla, bj93, apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #68303  by Bootie
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:51 pm
I drove up for all three games. No way would I have been able to attend a full weekend farther away. If it can't be in Greenville, I'll take Asheville every time.
FU Hoopla, apaladin liked this
 #68304  by fu77fan
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:14 pm
Last year I believe there were more UTC fans in Asheville than Furman fans. Regardless of who had more fans, IMO, the UTC fans were definitely louder than we were .
This year , we had more fans, and I think we were definitely louder.
I, like Bootie, chose to drive up and back X 3. The drive is not bad at all. It was even better having earlier games this year. I would like to think that in future years we would have even more fans make the trip to Asheville.

GO DINS
 #68306  by Flagman
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:54 pm
Anyone have the attendance numbers for the championship game?
 #68308  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:00 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:57 pm
6,102 per espn
Yep, about 1k more than the year before

A sellout for that arena for Basketball is 6,400
dornb liked this
 #68309  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:01 pm
fu77fan wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:14 pm
Last year I believe there were more UTC fans in Asheville than Furman fans. Regardless of who had more fans, IMO, the UTC fans were definitely louder than we were .
This year , we had more fans, and I think we were definitely louder.
I, like Bootie, chose to drive up and back X 3. The drive is not bad at all. It was even better having earlier games this year. I would like to think that in future years we would have even more fans make the trip to Asheville.

GO DINS
Count on it, especially with FU changing the Spring Break schedule in the future so we can actually get students there!
 #68310  by Flagman
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:03 pm
There were certainly more than 300 empty seats.

Recent Topics

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:59 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.