• NCAA Tournament Selection Show (March 12th 6pm CBS)

#68187  by furpop16
 Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:46 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:49 pm
The amount of positive publicity this type of success generates for FU is off the charts, so many great story lines! ;)

Heaven help me, true story: So this morning our daughter, the family 2016 Furman graduate, arrives to her weekly Dept. of the Navy team meeting in San Diego, CA. She's new, so her co-workers don't yet know her background. In walks another guy who out of the blue announces: "Hey, the chatter on TV is about this little college in So. Carolina that just punched its ticket back to the NCAA Tournament ... anybody here ever heard of 'Furman'?"

The family Furmanite was then besieged. Now that's just one little conversation in one small corner of one city in a big state ... and right now those conversations are going on all over the country . Going into the tourney we're the talk ... Go 'Dins !!
dornb, FU Hoopla, apaladin and 5 others liked this
 #68198  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:41 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:43 pm
Do we know what specific chances he’s had to coach at other schools? How likely is it that he will not be with us next year? To what extent does our continuing success depend upon him staying? How committed is Furman to getting a replacement as good or better when he does leave us?
 #68202  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:52 am
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
Do we know what specific chances he’s had to coach at other schools? How likely is it that he will not be with us next year? To what extent does our continuing success depend upon him staying? How committed is Furman to getting a replacement as good or better when he does leave us?
We know about two chances, College of Charleston and S. Carolina. I have a close friend and big supporter of our basketball program that is so consumed with next year that he cannot enjoy this year. I keep telling him to live the moment and enjoy the moment. Next year will take care of itself. He just cannot help himself.
 #68205  by furpop16
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:43 am
Roundball wrote:
I have a close friend and big supporter of our basketball program that is so consumed with next year that he cannot enjoy this year. I keep telling him to live the moment and enjoy the moment. Next year will take care of itself. He just cannot help himself.

I’m sorry to read this about another supporter, ‘cause if he wants to worry, there’s lots to worry about: ya gotta believe JD the AD is on a lotta radar screens. CCH has the fb program re-energized. Heck, if Dan’s cold subsides he & his sidekicks are ripe for poaching, too!

Look, all kidding aside, tell your pal all these guys are there because of the values of the place. All of them echo your observation to live in the present - and if he wants to honor them, they’d like him to listen.
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #68207  by Fuonetime
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:57 am
Roundball wrote:
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
We know about two chances, College of Charleston and S. Carolina. I have a close friend and big supporter of our basketball program that is so consumed with next year that he cannot enjoy this year. I keep telling him to live the moment and enjoy the moment. Next year will take care of itself. He just cannot help himself.
Keeping CBR it is literally in God’s hands as Coach is a man of deep faith. FU has to do its part and do as much as possible for our Coach of the Year. CBR has taken us so far, however, there is more to be done. Hope and pray he accepts the challenge and opportunity to continue to build the Paladin basketball program. I am reminded of the Carpenter’s song that could be our theme, “We’ve Only Just Begun.”
furpop16, Davemeister, dornb liked this
 #68210  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:22 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:18 pm
Good stuff from Dan. The only thing I don't agree with him on is that we don't go to Greensboro. I understand his point, but for the fans, Greensboro is the perfect location for the first round. For the team, a visit to Orlando or Denver would be cool.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.