• #1 Furman vs. #4 WCU (March 5th 4pm SoCon Semifinals)

#67920  by purplehorse123
 Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:06 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:25 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:32 pm
We can all be critical of the team and coach but they played their butts off to the end. Foster really stepped up on D with Slawson out.
So one of the issues I had today is when we were up by 20, I think Russell Jones had 4 fouls and Claude had 3 or 4 fouls, and we didn’t waste the clock and go inside to get these guys to foul out. Instead, we took early 3s with tons of time on the clock. Just not great clock management. We were e shooting like 20 l% from 3 in second half.
Actually we shot ZERO percent from 3 in the second half(0-11) and then 1-4 in OT, 1-15. Missed 16 free throws, which has to be a season high, shot 39% for the game and 22% from 3. Only had 4 players make baskets and still survived. I don’t know how but we did. :D
A strong first 25 minutes from Pegues on offense and Bothwell’s refusal to lose and him being such a strong leader. Hien playing stronger than usual. Slawson chipping in. Vanderwal hitting free throws.

It will take a lot more from others to win tonight.
 #67931  by Furmanoid
 Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:58 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:23 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:59 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:42 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:32 am
Anyone that says we now have the easier path is only looking at the number of the bid beside each time, but at least this guy us covering the tournament, and that is appreciated. Playing WCU is certainly not on the easy path. There is no easier path to the SoCon Championship. The tournament is wide open for any of the four teams to win.
When the best team left is 18-14, that’s about as easy a final 4 as you can ever hope for. Relax. This is finally the year.
This did NOT age well. Never. Ever think it’s time to relax

NEVER. NEVER. EVER. Good grief.
If I had known Roundball was going to suit up, I wouldn’t have told him to relax. I assumed he was just a spectator like the rest of. Anyway, I was right, we couldn’t give that game way. We’ll win by 15 tonight.
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.