• Furman @ Samford (Feb. 25th 2pm)(SoCon Regular Season Championship)

#67422  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:20 am
tim wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:52 pm
KingPaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:37 am
Flagman wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:09 pm
On the post game show, someone on FB asked about the time they would arrive back. Bob told the to check social media accounts. I noticed on another thread that some did meet them. I was driving back for Birmingham. They deserved a great greeting. I hope someone noticed those social media posts and sent an email Blount to all students.
Yeah we got no email or anything, didn't even know there would be a welcome for them returning
I was able to go. Looked like 30-50 peeps. The team got there about 8:30 after flying in to downtown airport. I was a little surprised they flew to Sammy. Didn't notice coach there. May have missed him.
I was surprised too about the flight. As an argument for having to stay in the SoCon instead of possibly moving to the A10 or some other conference, it repeatedly is presented as “a fact” that we need to be in SoCon so we can bus to all our away conference. Do we usually bus to Birmingham and to Lexington, etc.? Maybe. Maybe JD found available resources for this specific exception for the purpose of any or all of the following reasons:
1. Getting the team back home sooner, win or lose, in preparation for tournament
2. Reinforcing to the team the major importance of that game Saturday afternoon
3. Giving the team another “practice run” of getting somewhere quickly and back home quickly in preparation for having to do that when we get to NCAA Tournament and possibly have to fly to distant locations over the coming five weeks.
Note that our most distant game all season, so far, has been to Lexington VA for our game there Wednesday February 8, 2023.
Fuonetime, dornb liked this
 #67424  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:05 am
affirm wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:20 am
tim wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:52 pm
KingPaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:37 am
Flagman wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:09 pm
On the post game show, someone on FB asked about the time they would arrive back. Bob told the to check social media accounts. I noticed on another thread that some did meet them. I was driving back for Birmingham. They deserved a great greeting. I hope someone noticed those social media posts and sent an email Blount to all students.
Yeah we got no email or anything, didn't even know there would be a welcome for them returning
I was able to go. Looked like 30-50 peeps. The team got there about 8:30 after flying in to downtown airport. I was a little surprised they flew to Sammy. Didn't notice coach there. May have missed him.
I was surprised too about the flight. As an argument for having to stay in the SoCon instead of possibly moving to the A10 or some other conference, it repeatedly is presented as “a fact” that we need to be in SoCon so we can bus to all our away conference. Do we usually bus to Birmingham and to Lexington, etc.? Maybe. Maybe JD found available resources for this specific exception for the purpose of any or all of the following reasons:
1. Getting the team back home sooner, win or lose, in preparation for tournament
2. Reinforcing to the team the major importance of that game Saturday afternoon
3. Giving the team another “practice run” of getting somewhere quickly and back home quickly in preparation for having to do that when we get to NCAA Tournament and possibly have to fly to distant locations over the coming five weeks.
Note that our most distant game all season, so far, has been to Lexington VA for our game there Wednesday February 8, 2023.

FU hoops did charter flights for both sammy and vmi away games this year, a product of the program making advancements in its overall ops capabilities and big plus moving forward, anytime we have that type of road trip or further we should be in the air.
Fuonetime liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.