• Furman @ Samford (Feb. 25th 2pm)(SoCon Regular Season Championship)

#67372  by purplehorse123
 Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:28 pm
Bothwell was a man on a mission. Once he hit his first 3 he must have felt it because 1 of his next 3’s was an NBA one and the next couple he was absolutely looking to shoot. That is in stark contrast to a few games where he has shot very few shots. Again he must have been feeling it.

If he had not gotten the ridiculous 3rd foul and been a little more careful on his 2nd foul (charging from the left) he might have scored 50. He was determined and hot!

Hope that gives him confidence for the tourney.
dornb liked this
 #67373  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:57 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:28 pm
Bothwell was a man on a mission. Once he hit his first 3 he must have felt it because 1 of his next 3’s was an NBA one and the next couple he was absolutely looking to shoot. That is in stark contrast to a few games where he has shot very few shots. Again he must have been feeling it.

If he had not gotten the ridiculous 3rd foul and been a little more careful on his 2nd foul (charging from the left) he might have scored 50. He was determined and hot!

Hope that gives him confidence for the tourney.
He said on the postgame that he wanted to play the game when they got down there Friday night. He was definitely ready. A shame he had to sit for almost half of the first half.
dornb liked this
 #67375  by Flagman
 Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:09 pm
On the post game show, someone on FB asked about the time they would arrive back. Bob told the to check social media accounts. I noticed on another thread that some did meet them. I was driving back for Birmingham. They deserved a great greeting. I hope someone noticed those social media posts and sent an email Blount to all students.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #67380  by FUBeAR
 Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:15 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:35 am
Just a casual observation, but man Furman lives rent free in the heads of a lot of Samford fans.
One doesn’t often see the 2 terms “a lot” and “Samford fans” used in such close proximity.
apaladin liked this
 #67381  by stonemd
 Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:55 am
Samford board:

“By the way, I watched the game last year. Funniest finish I’ve ever seen. I Love to watch Furman faithful think they are going to win, and then have victory snatched from their greedy little grip and lose. I don’t know why I hate Furman . . . wait, yes I do. Your fans are complete jerks. You, not so much, I kind of like you, but the assitude of your fans and sense of entitlement is why every school can’t stand Furman. Y’all beat us fair and square Saturday. I have yet to hear a Furman fan admit Samford has ever beaten Furman in anything. It is always the refs, the weather, this or that excuse.“
 #67383  by The Jackal
 Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:48 am
stonemd wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:55 am
Samford board:

“By the way, I watched the game last year. Funniest finish I’ve ever seen. I Love to watch Furman faithful think they are going to win, and then have victory snatched from their greedy little grip and lose. I don’t know why I hate Furman . . . wait, yes I do. Your fans are complete jerks. You, not so much, I kind of like you, but the assitude of your fans and sense of entitlement is why every school can’t stand Furman. Y’all beat us fair and square Saturday. I have yet to hear a Furman fan admit Samford has ever beaten Furman in anything. It is always the refs, the weather, this or that excuse.“

Not sure which one of you peed in his cheerios.

Frankly, when you read stuff like that it makes it more fun to see Furman walk into their building in their biggest home basketball game in years and just shove them around.
hypercycloid, dornb, QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.