• Furman @ Samford (Feb. 25th 2pm)(SoCon Regular Season Championship)

#67170  by FurmanATT
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:26 am
I have no idea what this means, though I'm relatively confident it means nothing. Last night I dreamed about the Samford game. Nothing conclusive. I was just watching the game from press row, where I won't be today. The only thing unusual is that I've never had a dream about a game the night before, not even long ago when it was the high school state championship football game. It probably just means I'm vitally interested, obsessed even. I'm optimistic. I don't think I've gone into a game expecting Furman to lose all year. Well, N.C. State, maybe. I have so much confidence in the team that I have come to expect it will do what it takes to win. After all the ups and downs, Furman was seeded 2nd with 6 SoCon losses last year, and if Samford wins today, the Paladins are likely to be seeded 3rd with 4. But, as that high school football coach used to say, "Ain't gon' be no talk about losing." A win today, and Furman is seeded 1st. A win today and it's the noon game in Asheville on Saturday. Looking back at last season, we all dwell on Alex Hunter's loss, and Alex was fantastic. But all year long, particularly as J.P. Pegues has progressed before our very eyes, just as Bob said he would, I think the greatest loss, practically, was Conley Garrison. This team is better, and the Richey assembly line has been running smoothly. In some ways, the team has so many weapons that it's impossible for everyone to score in every game. I expect a big game from Mike Bothwell today, but I expected it the last two games, too, and by the way, it's not like Mike hasn't played well. He just hasn't scored. The greatest virtue of this team is that someone, in fact more than one, always steps up. If everyone did what they can do, the Dins would score 150 points a game. That having been said, I am knocking regularly on wood because even though superstition is absurd, it is a fun hobby. I do it just in case there's something to it. -- MD
Roundball, Chuckles, apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #67175  by Fuonetime
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:44 pm
I think most of us would agree this is the most important game of the year. I’ve got my purple on waiting for game time. So much on the line: Socon championship, Number 1 seed in the tourney and easier path to finals, guaranteed NIT invite and national TV exposure. The last 3 games have not pretty with 1 loss and 2 close wins. Samford has some talented players and their fans will provide a home court advantage unlike some of the recent venues we have played in. Perhaps the last 3 games will work to our advantage as we know how to compete in close games. JP and Slaw have been our stars. Others havre contributed and we need max effort from all our players. We all agree Mike has not played like Mike in the last 3 games and we need him today. Here’s hoping, wishing and praying for a FU victory. This is what Mike, Jason and Bob came back to do. Go Dins!
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #67177  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 pm
Good news on the CBS Sports game on now. Cof C is up big on Stony Brook with 7:19 to go. That game should finish on time. By the way, the announcers just highlighted our game with Samford. Championship basketball, folks. It doesn’t get much better. DEFENSE! Start fast. Don’t let up. Finish Strong. DEFENSE! Go Paladins!
 #67178  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:47 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 pm
Good news on the CBS Sports game on now. Cof C is up big on Stony Brook with 7:19 to go. That game should finish on time. By the way, the announcers just highlighted our game with Samford. Championship basketball, folks. It doesn’t get much better. DEFENSE! Start fast. Don’t let up. Finish Strong. DEFENSE! Go Paladins!
Lets go!
 #67180  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:57 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:21 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:37 am
Logan Dye only played 12 minutes in their last game vs Chatt. Will he be full strength today?
Good question, probably won't know until tip-off
FWIW, he is starting. But he’s a senior, so that’s expected.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.