• Furman @ Samford (Feb. 25th 2pm)(SoCon Regular Season Championship)

#67035  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:34 pm
"With its 17th consecutive victory over the Bears, Furman (23-7, 14-3 SoCon) setup a Saturday showdown at Samford for the Southern Conference regular season title and No. 1 seed in next week's SoCon Men's Basketball Championship. Saturday's contest is set for 2 p.m. EST and will air live on CBS Sports Network."
 #67070  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:44 am
I think it was FUHoopla that brought up that the #1 seed has won 6 out of the last 7 tournaments, or something like that. Besides the pride of winning the regular season, that top seed is a lock for the NIT and gets the preferred game times in the SoCon tournament. Those earlier game times afford the players much needed rest for the next day. This game against Samford is the most important one we have played in the last 20 years. Now is the time. Let's seize on the opportunity and dance with the big boys. Go Paladins!
Fuonetime liked this
 #67090  by FUBF24
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:30 pm
I'll say this about our recent performance:

Before the Mercer game, I was thinking all we had to do to fulfill our goal is get five more wins in a row, all against teams we've already beaten once. Now, we just have to get four more wins in a row. A win is a win is a win, and the good thing about each game no matter how ugly it may be is that it gives us an opportunity to look at where we could improve things. I believe we'll be just fine to win on Saturday and on March 6. Go Dins!
furpop16, FU Hoopla, din23 liked this