• Mercer @ Furman (Feb. 22nd 7pm)

#67069  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:36 am
Adding to the misery of our bench play last night was having to sit Hien because he cannot come close to hitting a free throw.
Last edited by Roundball on Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #67071  by gman84
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:06 am
I'm going to look at these last three games this way. We made all 3 games harder than they should have been. We don't look like a sharp team. Granted opponents are all gunning for us, we have done just enough to win the last two. I would rather our team be "tested" and show that they have deficiencies and things to work on before the tournament than to cruise into Asheville thinking all they have to do is show up.
Roundball, FUBF24 liked this
 #67072  by Affirm
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:22 am
RaleighDin wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:43 am
Who else is ready to go be sick to their stomach for 3 days in Asheville?
Just enjoy the ride, win or lose. I still believe we will win it.
 #67074  by Affirm
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:24 am
gman84 wrote:
I'm going to look at these last three games this way. We made all 3 games harder than they should have been. We don't look like a sharp team. Granted opponents are all gunning for us, we have done just enough to win the last two. I would rather our team be "tested" and show that they have deficiencies and things to work on before the tournament than to cruise into Asheville thinking all they have to do is show up.
I agree with what you say. And I still believe we will win it.
 #67078  by Davemeister
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 am
gman84 wrote:

Over the last three games, Furman has played like a team that ran out of gas. Emptied the tank during The Streak. We have to refuel, hopefully before Saturday. Definitely before Asheville if we are to have a chance.
dornb, furpop16, bj93 liked this
 #67081  by dornb
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:37 am
Davemeister wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 am
gman84 wrote:

Over the last three games, Furman has played like a team that ran out of gas. Emptied the tank during The Streak. We have to refuel, hopefully before Saturday. Definitely before Asheville if we are to have a chance.
I keep hoping that we didn't peak too soon. That would be extremely disappointing!
FU Hoopla liked this
 #67100  by saltyshaker
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:11 pm
to win the tournament we need to win the one seed saturday.the one seed only has to beat one of the second or third seed.if you are the second or third seed you need to beat both of the other two seeds back to back.that is why saturday is so important.presuming all the top 3 seeds reach the semis.
lets go seize the moment and end the 40+ year ncaa tourney absense.
apaladin, Roundball liked this
 #67108  by jesse174
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:12 pm
they need to spread the floor to create good shooting chances...I would like to see more corner 3 point attempts. Our shooting has been poor partially because we are not spreading the floor
apaladin liked this
 #67116  by The Jackal
 Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:41 am
gman84 wrote:

I’m probably over exaggerating here, but I think Furman has been the #1 SoCon opponent on every team’s schedule for several years now.

It’s good that we’ve earned that sort of respect, but it also means we have to show up every game because we’re going to get everything the opponent has to throw at us.
hypercycloid liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.