• Mercer @ Furman (Feb. 22nd 7pm)

#67020  by FurmAlum
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:22 pm
That was painfull to watch and was a comedy of errors but we hung in there and got the win.

We're choking and we haven't even got to the tournament yet.

But a win on Saturday and all sins will be forgiven.
Davemeister liked this
 #67021  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:24 pm
Congrats to Slawson and Bothwell, they have tied Alex Hunter for most wins in program history today

#67024  by saltyshaker
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:34 pm
1st kudos to the paladins for staying alive for reg season championship and #1 conference seed.after the etsu game i wrote that i remained concern over rebounding and free throw shooting.nothing from tonight eased that concern.it will have to improve if we stand a chance to achieve either or both of those goals.
also would like to see more production from bothwell than we've had in our last 3 games.go paladins.beat samford!
apaladin, FUPlayer74 liked this
 #67030  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:20 pm
Roundball wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:41 pm
Thank God Mercer is terrible.
That was my thought exactly. We have looked bad 3 games in a row against bottom feeders but managed to win 2 of them. Captain obvious but have to play much better Saturday to win the regular season. Tried every way to give it away but MU could not cash in the gifts. Missed free throws, binehead fouls etc.Don’t think I have seen JS miss 2 frre throws in a row all year. Tonight he missed 3 in a row and 4 out of 5. He and JP stepped up thank goodness at the end.
Last edited by apaladin on Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #67031  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:23 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:20 pm
Roundball wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:41 pm
Thank God Mercer is terrible.
That was my thought exactly. We have looked bad 3 games in a row against bottom feeders but managed to win 2 of them. Captain obvious but have to play much better Saturday to win the regular season.
Well seems we're due to play a good game if nothing else ;)
apaladin liked this
 #67032  by FUPlayer74
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:27 pm
I'm not going to poke holes in a win. They are tough to achieve, specially this late in the year in the conference. I felt when we had the streak we had separated from the rest of the Socon, but feel we've pulled back some since the Citadel game. Got to find a way to get that back. If you look at the game tonight, we minimize TO's, a little better on the FT's, get some scoring help from the bench, and get production from Bothwell, this game isn't close. Maybe a lot to ask, but this team is capable. Glad for the win, glad to be 23-7, glad to be talking about Furman BB in late Feb.
apaladin, FurmAlum, dornb liked this
 #67039  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:50 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:57 pm
Last 3 games we are 22/72 from 3 (30%).
Its tya’s fault. He pointed out we shot 62% from 3 aganst them in Macon. I told him he shouldn’t have said that and we would shoot 20-30% tnight. We shot 28%. :lol: I think we played worse tonight than against the Citadel.
 #67041  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:13 am
I think it would be good for coaches, coaching clinics etc to use our last posssession of the first half as a tool on how not to hold for the last shot. We called timeout, dialed up a low percentage play, ran said play too early, then did not defend the subsequent opponents possession and give up a three. Instead of a minimum 7 point lead or 9 or 10 point lead it went to 4.
FU Hoopla, Roundball liked this
 #67043  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:20 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:13 am
I think it would be good for coaches, coaching clinics etc to use our last posssession of the first half as a tool on how not to hold for the last shot. We called timeout, dialed up a low percentage play, ran said play too early, then did not defend the subsequent opponents possession and give up a three. Instead of a minimum 7 point lead or 9 or 10 point lead it went to 4.
Mercer’s end of game strategy should be incorporated into that same clinic.
apaladin liked this
 #67066  by purplehorse123
 Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:58 am
That was one ugly beautiful win. Will have to play much better to beat Sammy or have a run in tourney. Some of our top 8-9 have really been missing in action in recent games.

What I have said all year-we can lose to or beat anyone in the conference.

Amazing that at 23-7 the success of the season is largely going to come down to the next few games. We control our own destiny. The game at Samford is in and of itself huge as an NIT bid is on the line.

I think many fans as well as Bothwell and Slawson will consider the season a success only if we go dancing. That would be the dream end to their coming back for a fifth year. No room for error after the Samford game.
din23, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.