• $40 million (30 mil down and 10 mil to go)(Timmons Renovation)

#66374  by Fuonetime
 Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:12 am
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:26 pm
NJIT Arena might look alot like the new lower bowl configeration

One thing SD hopes they add, which is kinda FU tradition, is a statue at the front of the venue. Believe all other sports have one even the golf facility

I nominate the statue be one of our current coach and visionary, Bob Richey. Of course, it should be part of a larger financial package so we could become the Gonzaga or even St. Mary’s of the South.
FU Hoopla, furpop16, dornb liked this
 #66377  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:46 am
Fuonetime wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

One thing SD hopes they add, which is kinda FU tradition, is a statue at the front of the venue. Believe all other sports have one even the golf facility

I nominate the statue be one of our current coach and visionary, Bob Richey. Of course, it should be part of a larger financial package so we could become the Gonzaga or even St. Mary’s of the South.

Indeed :D
Give coach Richey anything and everything he wants!
Fuonetime liked this
 #66406  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:18 am
affirm wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:54 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:50 pm
This below why we don't want to use $40 million to start buying high school players

Where’s GG from?
I think he did not play Wednesday night against Missouri.
He didn’t start in tonights home loss to Vandy. Played only 16 minutes, had 2 points and 1 rebound, Was 1-7 shooting. I guess you can say he is big bust for SC.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #66407  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:21 am
Monday wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:52 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:04 am
SC paid a lot of money for him and the return on investment has not been good.
Who? Paris or Jackson?
Both but imagine Jackson got more at least for the one year he will be there. 99% chance he transfers since NBA is off the table.
 #66408  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:44 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Fuonetime wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

How sure are you that Richey is still going to be our coach 2 to 3 months from now? If and when he leaves for more money than Furman can pay, would we still be creating and erecting a statue of him? Yes, he deserves a lot for what he has done and will do over he next 4-5 weeks, but I would think he’d need to at least get us to a Final Four or at least hang around for another 3+ years before there would be a statue.
 #66410  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:30 am
affirm wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:44 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Fuonetime wrote:
Sad Din wrote:

How sure are you that Richey is still going to be our coach 2 to 3 months from now? If and when he leaves for more money than Furman can pay, would we still be creating and erecting a statue of him? Yes, he deserves a lot for what he has done and will do over he next 4-5 weeks, but I would think he’d need to at least get us to a Final Four or at least hang around for another 3+ years before there would be a statue.

I think all that is pretty much implied ;)
 #66422  by Fuonetime
 Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:16 pm
I nominated CRB for a statue and i am serious as h…. I love Frank Selvy but he already has a court named after him. We have the think about the future not the past. CBR has a somewhat nice but modest home in G-town. I would like for FU to move him into the Daniel Mansion currently occupied by ED. We have got to be big thinkers. CBR and FU is a match made in heaven. Lets do whatever to keep this union together. Go DINS. Beat Citadel! Run up the score and move up in Kenpom. BTW, my second suggest for the statue is that guy who donated 10 million for the rehab of Timmons. If JD, Erin or whoever is involved played it right that might be able to finagle another $10 million or more from him. We then could include his wife in the statue complex. You never know until you ask…. Or as the good book says, “you have not because you ask not.” FU forever.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #66437  by Sad Din
 Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:44 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:16 pm
I nominated CRB for a statue and i am serious as h…. I love Frank Selvy but he already has a court named after him. We have the think about the future not the past. CBR has a somewhat nice but modest home in G-town. I would like for FU to move him into the Daniel Mansion currently occupied by ED. We have got to be big thinkers. CBR and FU is a match made in heaven. Lets do whatever to keep this union together. Go DINS. Beat Citadel! Run up the score and move up in Kenpom. BTW, my second suggest for the statue is that guy who donated 10 million for the rehab of Timmons. If JD, Erin or whoever is involved played it right that might be able to finagle another $10 million or more from him. We then could include his wife in the statue complex. You never know until you ask…. Or as the good book says, “you have not because you ask not.” FU forever.
To start, just a regular old statue will do.After CBR wins a Natty, then he gets a statue
 #66770  by Sad Din
 Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:54 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:42 pm
Drake just renovated their arena as well

Nice. New Timmons isnt going to set records with seating capacity. It needs to stand out as a destination place with creature comforts. And not just for Bball games. What can standout? Lighting, sound system, private seating, appearance, court video projection, gathering place, etc. Most importantly it should "look" like a bball arean and have great TV presence
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.