• WCU @ Furman (Feb. 11th 2pm)

#66219  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:44 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:34 pm
I agree with Coach Richey's postgame comments today. Western is a really good team, and they are improving. I didn't see the "individual" playing from them that some of you saw. That Jackson kid is good, really good, and he is fun to watch play the game. Quite frankly, I don't want to see them in the tournament. They will be a tough out. We just had a great game and they were tired from the Wofford game. We caught them at the right time. Thus, the big win. I am going to appreciate our play without knocking Western.
You do you!

I enjoy knocking the crap out of that lame and small fan base, they like to dish out BS trash talk but can't take it, quite frankly screw those guys :lol:
 #66220  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:52 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Roundball wrote:
I agree with Coach Richey's postgame comments today. Western is a really good team, and they are improving. I didn't see the "individual" playing from them that some of you saw. That Jackson kid is good, really good, and he is fun to watch play the game. Quite frankly, I don't want to see them in the tournament. They will be a tough out. We just had a great game and they were tired from the Wofford game. We caught them at the right time. Thus, the big win. I am going to appreciate our play without knocking Western.
You do you!

I enjoy knocking the crap out of that lame and small fan base, they like to dish out BS trash talk but can't take it, quite frankly screw those guys :lol:
I am not surprised at your comments. I remember you as the one that used a racist term to describe the Western players after they beat us early in the year. I will be me, and you can be your usual self. Carry on.
Jasper liked this
 #66221  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:00 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:52 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Roundball wrote:
You do you!

I am not surprised at your comments. I remember you as the one that used a racist term to describe the Western players after they beat us early in the year. I will be me, and you can be your usual self. Carry on.

When you have nothing to hang your hat on you bring up dumb shit. Roundball you are one soft MoFo dude.
'Hood' is not racist, hate to break it to you but all races live in the hood and hoods exist in all countries of the world, you go ahead and be a moron though :D Its actually more racist for you to even suggest that :lol:
The hood is a dangerous place no doubt, and WCU always trying to fight us in the past exemplifies those same qualities 100%.
I don't claim this about any other programs, but I have always said it about them because its true.

#66253  by RaleighDin
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:13 am
Roundball wrote:
I'll second this - watching Western it's impossible to not see how dangerous they can be on any given night. They are rapidly improving, and have a couple of guys who can take over on any given night. I'm pumped about this win, and don't want to see them again. For context, I feel this way about a few programs in the SoCon aside from Samford and UNCG. Winning is great and I don't want it to stop - don't really give a crap what other fan bases say in the meantime.
 #66255  by Paul C
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:28 am
RaleighDin wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:13 am
Roundball wrote:
I'll second this - watching Western it's impossible to not see how dangerous they can be on any given night. They are rapidly improving, and have a couple of guys who can take over on any given night. I'm pumped about this win, and don't want to see them again. For context, I feel this way about a few programs in the SoCon aside from Samford and UNCG. Winning is great and I don't want it to stop - don't really give a crap what other fan bases say in the meantime.
Same

Respect your opponent even if you don’t get it in return. Especially if you don’t get it in return.
din23 liked this
 #66272  by FUBeAR
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:21 pm
Have WCU’s top University, Athletics, and Football officials ever…

1) paid for repairing or replacing our goalpost

AND

2) formally & publicly apologized for the criminal behavior of their violent & vandalizing hooligan students, alums, and fans on October 27, 1984 and December 10, 1983?

FUBeAR understands the answer to those queries is NO on all counts.

Until FUBeAR learns and/or sees/hears otherwise, while he is living (and for some period of time afterward), the respect he shows to WCU, WCU Athletics, and WCU Football will be severely limited.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davemeister liked this
 #66281  by FUBF24
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:21 pm
Something that kind of went under the radar in yesterday's game... J.P. quietly went off for 7 points, 9 rebounds, and 8 assists. Close to a triple double. When was the last time that has happened in a Dins game??
Davemeister liked this
 #66282  by KingPaladin
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:41 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:21 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:17 pm
Nice win.

Not sure I understand all the chirping from WCU fans. They certainly seemed confident in their ability to come into Timmons and get a win. However, they ran into a buzz saw.

I love Furman’s consistency. We don’t always win, but it seems like the same team shows up every game. If the shots fall, we’re tough to beat.
I don’t understand the chirping either. I sit on the court across from the Furman bench. We were so far ahead most of the game that those students on the front row were very tame. As for the team win, we are so much fun to watch right now. You can really see the difference in the players expressions. They are playing with confidence and they are having fun. Let’s finish strong and go to Asheville as the #1 seed. Go Paladins!
I was one of the students on the front row and yep compared to the Samford and UNCG game, we were really quiet after going up by so much. I really didn't know Western hated us this much or we could've been louder. We did cheer when number 2 finally scored a point other than free throws.
FU Hoopla, hypercycloid, bj93 and 1 others liked this
 #66283  by KingPaladin
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:43 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
Something that kind of went under the radar in yesterday's game... J.P. quietly went off for 7 points, 9 rebounds, and 8 assists. Close to a triple double. When was the last time that has happened in a Dins game??
I believe was at 15 p, 11 rebs and 6 assists with a double-double towards the end of the Chattanooga game. He tried to force a few passes to see how close he could get but never had the opportunity to finish the triple double
 #66285  by Affirm
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:50 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Hey sore losers your team just lost your 14th game out of 15 to good ole FU :lol:
Furman should not disrespect WCU. It was only 6 weeks ago that WCU beat FU by 79-67, on December 31, 2022. WCU certainly can do that again, whenever we meet next. At the same time, I have to say that those comments by Catamount Sports and by Ben Tisinger were ridiculous, hateful, uncalled for, and negatively reflective towards WCU or at least on Catamount Sports and Tisinger. We should not be responding in kind to such comments and attitudes.
Last edited by Affirm on Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #66286  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:52 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
Slawson had a triple double last season in the game at Winthrop
 #66287  by Jasper
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:56 pm
The Cats wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:38 pm
Yeah, be proud of a win over a team down two players. Claude will be back for the tournament, and as I see it, it's 1-1 on the season. Don't think you will do it again on a neutral court with Claude in the game, and I didn't need an appointment to say that!!!
I'll give you whoever "Claude" is plus Lebron James and you are not making up 30 + points. That is simply a red hot ass whippin.
Davemeister liked this
 #66307  by Roundball
 Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:52 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:50 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Hey sore losers your team just lost your 14th game out of 15 to good ole FU :lol:
Furman should not disrespect WCU. It was only 6 weeks ago that WCU beat FU by 79-67, on December 31, 2022. WCU certainly can do that again, whenever we meet next. At the same time, I have to say that those comments by Catamount Sports and by Ben Tisinger were ridiculous, hateful, uncalled for, and negatively reflective towards WCU or at least on Catamount Sports and Tisinger. We should not be responding in kind to such comments and attitudes.
I agree with you. We should not be responding to Tisinger or give him any time on our board. He has 74 Twitter followers. Who is he and why should we care? The last time I checked, only 23% of the American public is on Twitter. It is a cesspool of opinions that mean nothing.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.