• Noah Gurley

#6563  by Paladin91
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:42 am
Not enough can be said about the play of Rafferty, Lyons and Mounce, but how about Noah Gurley? He had some really nifty inside moves last night against Nova. If his development continues throughout the year, he will be a much needed chess piece down the road. Tre Clark also filled in nicely for Mounce when he got into foul trouble (and had 4 himself). I was a bit surprised Jalen Williams didn't play, but I can see why Richey stuck to a smaller, quicker lineup and Rafferty was never in foul trouble.

I will add that the conditioning of this team looks better than I've ever seen them.
Jasper, MNORM, dornb and 3 others liked this
 #6592  by Paladin91
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:19 am
Should also note that Hunter had a really great game - he doesn't shoot a lot, but he nailed some really clutch threes and handled he ball well. Just a great all-around team effort. That kind of effort will win lots of games this year.
FUKA61, furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #6676  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:35 pm
I saw Gurley against BJU and I think he was the only player that didn't score but I could tell he had the makings of a good player. He is a key to this team for sure.
 #6680  by youwouldno
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:44 pm
He has a lot of potential . . . the red-shirt was undoubtedly helpful.

I think Rafferty is still underappreciated to some extent. He's probably the best player in mid-major basketball and also probably a top 30 player in all of college basketball. It's not necessarily obvious visually, because a lot of his value is tied to what doesn't happen - he doesn't turn the ball over, he doesn't blow assignments on defense, etc.
FUKA61, Fessor, FU03times liked this