• Samford @ Furman (Jan. 25th 7pm)

#64962  by saltyshaker
 Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:03 am
congrats for the gutsy short handed win for the paladins.played without hein and only a limited time for vanderlin who was sick.but slawson was a warrior and the others stepped up with strong rebounding and ball security to make up for poor 3 point shooting.
there are still concerns.inability to step on the throat and extend double digit leads and slow offensive starts to begin games and second halves.but these guys are tough.they play with maximum effort .with this win,they stay alive in the regular season conference title.that could earn an nit bid if something goes wrong in asheville.
sunday is equally important.hopefully we will get our players back,shoot the ball better,and come home with a w.i have no doubt that the effort will be there.
FU Hoopla, furpop16, FU69 liked this
 #64963  by MNORM
 Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:08 am
Getting the impression the flu, or some other illness, is working it's way through campus. I realize he's likely to be redshirted, but Davis Molnar was notably absent from the bench last night. Not sure the circumstances but his energy and support for the guys on the court is something I'm sure we've all noticed. Hope he'll be back soon.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #64973  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:09 am
MNORM wrote:
Getting the impression the flu, or some other illness, is working it's way through campus. I realize he's likely to be redshirted, but Davis Molnar was notably absent from the bench last night. Not sure the circumstances but his energy and support for the guys on the court is something I'm sure we've all noticed. Hope he'll be back soon.
Thought I saw Molnar there last night but could be wrong.
 #64994  by Roundball
 Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:57 pm
FurmanATT wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:56 pm
And that Sammy coach was talking s*** the whole night.
…….and we won’t even mention their one obnoxious fan.
Bet he has laryngitis today. I could hear him gettiing hoarser. -- MD
[/quote]
Plus, he was on the playing court much of the time.
 #65002  by tya1
 Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:52 pm
We won that game with defense and hustle. Samford hit 55% of their FGs and 35% of their threes. Both much better than the Paladins' 40% and 23%. We made up for that by getting more rebounds and double the steals, turnovers, and almost triple the offensive rebounds. I wish we would be a little more consistent from three point range. Overall our three point percentage for the season is misleading. We have had big swings in percentages from game to game.
apaladin liked this
 #65003  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:26 am
Roundball wrote:
FurmanATT wrote:
apaladin wrote:
[/quote]

I think ATT was referring to the fan not the coach.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #65030  by MNORM
 Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:03 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:09 am
MNORM wrote:
Thought I saw Molnar there last night but could be wrong.
Repass was in warmups....Molnar wasn't on the bench or in street clothes.
 #65036  by MNORM
 Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:13 am
apaladin wrote:

My seats are mid-court and about even with this guy. Made for an interesting night. After the loss as he waddled up the steps, playing with his mullet, he repeatedly pointed up toward the booth and Dan Scott proclaiming that, "we're still in first place". His two buddies were almost as obnoxious. Fun threesome filled with 'liquid-courage'.
apaladin liked this
 #65044  by FurmanATT
 Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:17 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:26 am
Roundball wrote:
FurmanATT wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I think ATT was referring to the fan not the coach.
[/quote]
That's correct. I like sitting near the visitors' bench, though. I enjoy studying the coaches. I was thinking McMillan should've gotten the South Carolina job. He naturally struts, sort of like a Gamecock. -- MD
apaladin liked this
 #65058  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:36 pm
MNORM wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:13 am
apaladin wrote:

My seats are mid-court and about even with this guy. Made for an interesting night. After the loss as he waddled up the steps, playing with his mullet, he repeatedly pointed up toward the booth and Dan Scott proclaiming that, "we're still in first place". His two buddies were almost as obnoxious. Fun threesome filled with 'liquid-courage'.
Head Coach’s brother.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.