• Samford @ Furman (Jan. 25th 7pm)

#64942  by purplehorse123
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:29 pm
We snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. We lose if Alex and Slaw don’t hit their 3’s in OT.FINALLY Foster hits a 3 in OT after his last two being terrible and it being his only 3 of the night.

Good teams find ways to win. Not a great night shooting wise but quite a few people stepped up. A good team win!
FU Hoopla, dornb, furpop16 liked this
 #64943  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:36 pm
It was a good win. We certainly didn’t play our best but pulled it out with some clutch shooting. We were 5-31 from 3 before Williams, Slawson and Foster hit huge 3’s down the stretch.Foster was 0-8 from 3 until he drilled one that put us up 87-84 in OT with 30 seconds left. You gotta keep shooting, glad he did. Crowd was great and loud! Thanks to the students for showing up.
FU Hoopla, FUBF24, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #64944  by The Jackal
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:37 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
We snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. We lose if Alex and Slaw don’t hit their 3’s in OT.FINALLY Foster hits a 3 in OT after his last two being terrible and it being his only 3 of the night.

Good teams find ways to win. Not a great night shooting wise but quite a few people stepped up. A good team win!

On a positive note, we scored 91 while shooting dismally from outside and managed to out muscle one of the league's best teams.
FU Hoopla, apaladin, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #64947  by FurmAlum
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:48 pm
The clock finally struck 12 on Sin-Darella, but it didn't strike till 12:05. Whew. What a win. I thought we had lost it but those guys never gave up.

I'm glad Marcus was the guy that hit the final big shot. He played well all night on both ends but just couldn't hit a shot until BAM! Should help his confidence.

Huge shots by Williams and Slaw too.

Whitt had another good game and continues to improve.

If we shot the ball good tonight we beat em by 20.

And that Sammy coach was talking s*** the whole night. Near the end Dan said "We haven't heard much from Bucky lately." HaHaHa. :D
furpop16, FU Hoopla, KingPaladin and 2 others liked this
 #64948  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:53 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:

Slight correction, Williams and Slawson’s 3’s got us to OT. Foster’s was the only 3 n OT and boy was it a big one.
 #64950  by FUBF24
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:03 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:58 pm
I have watched Samford's last two games so here's a scouting report:

They press full court the entire game and that's very annoying. We will need to make them pay for that. They go 9 deep and all of them can play.

They shoot it pretty good and are good at finding the open man. Their defense is not bad but both ETSU and Western were able to get in the paint and score the last 10 minutes of both games. Neither ETSU nor Western could shoot it good enough to win.

Glover did not play at ETSU but he did against Western but he didn't start. He was very good.

The match-ups:

Glover/Pegues - Glover will be a handful for Pegues, but Pegues could be that way on the other end too.
Rillie - he's been playing in place of Glover. Doesn't score much, handles the ball well, passes well and plays good D.
Parham/Bothwell - Bothwell is going to be hard to handle
Dye/Slawson - Dye is tough down low and can hit the 3, but so can Slaw. I give the edge to Slaw.
Johnson/Foster - Johnson is primarily a role player and I think this could be a good matchup for Foster.
Marshall/Hien - This is going to be tough for Hien. Marshall can hit the 3, take it to the rim, and is a good offensive rebounder.

They might put Foster on Marshall and Hein/Williams on Johnson. Might also rotate Hien on Dye for part of the game.

I could see Williams starting if Hien is not 100%. We're gonna need Hughey too.

They have 4 players that come off the bench and play a lot. But so do we.

It should be a great game but I think the clock will strike 12 for Sammy.
You ended up being exactly right about most of this stuff. Good scouting! And even better win!!!
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.