• Is Greenville TV market large enough to boost Paladin Basketball?

#64837  by Affirm
 Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:25 am
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:33 am
"Aspirations of Greatness" become Reality only when accompanied by ass-perspiration. You gotta do the work. Time to put on the hard-hats and hand Samford its first SoCon loss.
That would be one good small step that would perhaps “seem big” but not necessarily “be big”, I.e., one small step but not “one giant leap.”
 #64847  by Davemeister
 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:50 pm
affirm wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
"Aspirations of Greatness" become Reality only when accompanied by ass-perspiration. You gotta do the work. Time to put on the hard-hats and hand Samford its first SoCon loss.
That would be one good small step that would perhaps “seem big” but not necessarily “be big”, I.e., one small step but not “one giant leap.”

Chinese Proverb: "Even the longest journey begins with a single step."
FU Hoopla liked this
 #64856  by Affirm
 Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:39 pm
Davemeister wrote:
affirm wrote:
Davemeister wrote:

Of course.
… but just as beating Samford tomorrow would be a single step, it would not be the first step. The journey may have begun with the hiring of Medved … or of Richey.
Failing to make tomorrow’s step would not end the journey.
Yes, beating SU tomorrow WOULD be a good step to take. Not life or death.
 #64897  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:06 pm
Davemeister wrote:
affirm wrote:
Davemeister wrote:

#64904  by Furmanoid
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:32 pm
If we get a second or third conference bid to be in a 90 team NCAA tournament, who really cares? That's getting close to participation trophy stuff. Better to earn it the hard way. Then your team actually sorta belongs and has a chance to be competitive. I think we are in a great conference with respect to basketball. With only limited improvement we can dominate it. If you earn your way into the tourney year after year, eventually you stumble into a sweet 16 or elite 8 just by luck, especially in "today's game" where luck (hot shooting) plays such an important role. But I do wish our bid was based on the season, not the SoCon Tournament. If there's only one bid, it should go to the best team.
 #64905  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:17 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:32 pm
If we get a second or third conference bid to be in a 90 team NCAA tournament, who really cares? That's getting close to participation trophy stuff. Better to earn it the hard way. Then your team actually sorta belongs and has a chance to be competitive. I think we are in a great conference with respect to basketball. With only limited improvement we can dominate it. If you earn your way into the tourney year after year, eventually you stumble into a sweet 16 or elite 8 just by luck, especially in "today's game" where luck (hot shooting) plays such an important role. But I do wish our bid was based on the season, not the SoCon Tournament. If there's only one bid, it should go to the best team.
SoCon hoops might be decent, but until it proves it can get a second team into NCAA its no better than any other league, they all get minimum 1 bid of course. As we keep getting better, we can eventually be in a more prestigious league, that should be the plan.
 #64906  by The Cats
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:10 pm
For all those aspiring to the A-10, I know the grass always looks greener in the other pasture, and I realize that this is only one season, but - you might want to read this thread...
https://csnbbs.com/thread-963834.html

The SoCon can become a multi-bid conference...
Davemeister liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.