• Is Greenville TV market large enough to boost Paladin Basketball?

#64769  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:34 am
NEPA wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:37 am
Stay in the SOCON, need Timmons remodeled and have to win a championship before talking A10. Also , the grass is not always greener on the other side. Sometimes you get what you wish for, i would rather be a competitive team in the SOCON , instead of a doormat in the A10 for the first couple of seasons.
Of course win socon titles, of course do Timmons remodel first

This is a long range plan to make FU hoops big time

Don't be afraid of the big time :D
 #64775  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:13 am
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:46 am
If the NCAA expands the Tournament - and I am certain they will - the SoCon becomes a multi-bid Conference. Win 20 and you're in, easily.

The easiest way to make FU Big-Time in BB is to WIN the freakin' games, like we did yesterday.
If they ever expand the tourney field it will be to let more teams in from bigger name conferences, all the more reason to be in a better and bigger name conference.

SoCon dominance will be a starting point for Furman, not an ending point...........

Don't be afraid too dream big and aspire for greatness.
 #64778  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:47 am
FurmanATT wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:29 am
Aspirations of greatness are admirable. Delusions of grandeur are not. Chickens must be hatched in order to be counted. Yada. Yada. Yada. First things first. Beat Samford -- MD
"The most restricting thing in organizational behavior is limiting beliefs"
- Bob Richey reciting one of his favorite quotes

Its not delusions of grandeur, its called having a plan. When there is a multi step process in place and plan to be executed many things can be accomplished. These wheels of progress are already in motion.
 #64782  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:20 am
tim wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:14 am
I think Davidson's success has always been Bob Mckillop rather than the a10. Watch them now, I think they will become a doormat. Also, will NCAA tourney money always be there? Will anything "NCAA" always be there?
True, will SoCon be here?
Guess what happens in the SoCon these days when teams have good seasons, coaches leave, what does that tell you about having the SoCon as your program destination end game?
It tells you pushing for more is a good thing ;)
 #64796  by Affirm
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:06 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FurmanATT wrote:
Aspirations of greatness are admirable. Delusions of grandeur are not. Chickens must be hatched in order to be counted. Yada. Yada. Yada. First things first. Beat Samford -- MD

Its not delusions of grandeur, its called having a plan. When there is a multi step process in place and plan to be executed many things can be accomplished. These wheels of progress are already in motion.
Affirm looks forward with great interest to seeing the progress continue. Go Furman.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #64804  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:40 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:34 pm
We should join the ACC. Why stop there? We could be an NBA team soon.
Or just dominate the SoCon, fully transform Timmons, then join a great multi-bid A10 for big time prestige boost to the hoops program! Awesome plan I know ;)
 #64826  by FurmanATT
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:37 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FurmanATT wrote:

I didn't write it was. I just cautioned against it. Note the 1st sentence. Not everything is an insinuation. -- MD
FU Hoopla liked this
 #64827  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:13 am
FurmanATT wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:37 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FurmanATT wrote:

I didn't write it was. I just cautioned against it. Note the 1st sentence. Not everything is an insinuation. -- MD
Good to know ;)

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.