• AT UTC WEDNESDAY 7PM

#64476  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:38 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:26 pm
Every time I would get the ESPN broadcast going it would stop and I would have to start over. Then it would stop again.
Anybody ever have that problem? My daughter says its because we have slow internet service but I don't know. When I watch the replays that rarely happens.

Couldn't watch first half. What little I saw of the second half all I saw was Furman missing shots when we had 58 points.
Must have won that one on the defensive end.

Great gut-check road win!

Gonna watch the replay later tonight. Should be stress free.
Sounds like your daughter is correct. Who is your ISP?
Last edited by apaladin on Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #64491  by tya1
 Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:01 pm
Good response tonight after blowing the lead against UNCG. And the win wasn't built on incredible shooting like the first half at Mercer. It was just a tough, hard fought scrap. We responded with good defense at key times and some timely baskets and hit FTs - the very things you need in tournament situation. Good to see Whitt joining the group of reserves who can make a real difference. There are about 4 guys in that group now. I wish at least one of them can join the group who consistently produce.
Every time I would get the ESPN broadcast going it would stop and I would have to start over. Then it would stop again.
Anybody ever have that problem? My daughter says its because we have slow internet service but I don't know. When I watch the replays that rarely happens.

Couldn't watch first half. What little I saw of the second half all I saw was Furman missing shots when we had 58 points.
Must have won that one on the defensive end.
Same thing happened to my stream, mostly in the first half.
Yes, defense was solid down the stretch. Whitt hit a three at 2:42 to break a tie at 66, and Chattanooga only scored 3 points the rest of the game while Furman was scoring 8 - a Bothwell layup and 6-6 from the FT line. Two for Pegues and 4 from Slawson.
Last edited by tya1 on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #64494  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:13 pm
tya1 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:01 pm
Good response tonight after blowing the lead against UNCG. And the win wasn't built on incredible shooting like the first half at Mercer. It was just a tough, hard fought scrap. We responded with good defense at key times and some timely baskets and hit FTs - the very things you need in tournament situation. Good to see Whitt joining the group of reserves who can make a real difference. There are about 4 guys in that group now. I wish at least one of them can join the group who consistently produce.
Between Whitt, Williams, Vanderwal and Hughey I like the versatility the bench brings, like you say if they can just keep improving and get consistent we are going to get rolling
 #64496  by The Cats
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:14 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:42 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:38 pm
UTC starts 5 transfers. 67 of their 74 points against Sammy came from transfers. FU has no points coming from transfers. Two totally different approaches.
Low academic schools like UTC, ETSU and WCU find it easy to accept players that will most likely never earn a degree from those schools
Right. Those places where they play "hood basketball".

FU Hoopla you are racist as hell. If your furman brothers accept you, they are too!!!!
 #64497  by FurmAlum
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:38 am
The Cats wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
UTC starts 5 transfers. 67 of their 74 points against Sammy came from transfers. FU has no points coming from transfers. Two totally different approaches.
Low academic schools like UTC, ETSU and WCU find it easy to accept players that will most likely never earn a degree from those schools

FU Hoopla you are racist as hell. If your furman brothers accept you, they are too!!!!
Sometimes FU Hoopla gets a little carried away but he's not a racist. OK, it's put up or shut up....What's WCU's basketball graduation rate?
 #64499  by FurmAlum
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:48 am
Thanks for all the suggestions on the ESPN+ streaming issues. We still have a land telephone with AT&T and we get our internet service thru them too which is supposed to be good??? Our cable is Charter/Spectrum but I don't use that for streaming. We have a beach condo in SE Georgia and there we have Comcast/Xfinity so I use that for streaming ballgames.

It works fine most of the time but occasionally like tonight it as terrible.

Watched the replay after 9 P.M. central time and it was fine. Any other ideas?
 #64500  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:56 am
We have a land line phone with AT&T internet(not 5G) and never have a problem, knock on wood, I think they have different speed services so maybe you could call them and increase your speed?
 #64501  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:04 am
The Cats wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Its not my fault your dumbass WCU team try's to fight us every time we play you guys for the past 6 or 7 years, I stand by my comment that your team WCU is about as hood as it gets, the fact that you are still here to bring that up shows you know the truth as well lol ;)
Go tell your shit program to stop trying to fight us and we won't need to have this discussion anymore.

And yes also your school is a low academic institution, WCU will literally accept almost anyone that applies there, that is a fact, deal with it.

And FU to WCU for tearing down our Football goal posts in the 80's
 #64506  by Roundball
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:14 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:48 am
Thanks for all the suggestions on the ESPN+ streaming issues. We still have a land telephone with AT&T and we get our internet service thru them too which is supposed to be good??? Our cable is Charter/Spectrum but I don't use that for streaming. We have a beach condo in SE Georgia and there we have Comcast/Xfinity so I use that for streaming ballgames.

It works fine most of the time but occasionally like tonight it as terrible.

Watched the replay after 9 P.M. central time and it was fine. Any other ideas?
We use Spectrum internet for streaming. It is super fast. That, along with our AppleTV and we have no issues.
 #64514  by Louis Tully
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:11 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
The Cats wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Its not my fault your dumbass WCU team try's to fight us every time we play you guys for the past 6 or 7 years, I stand by my comment that your team WCU is about as hood as it gets, the fact that you are still here to bring that up shows you know the truth as well lol ;)
Go tell your shit program to stop trying to fight us and we won't need to have this discussion anymore.

And yes also your school is a low academic institution, WCU will literally accept almost anyone that applies there, that is a fact, deal with it.

1983. FU WCU.
 #64515  by Davemeister
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:19 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:39 pm
No doubt that was his biggest shot as a Paladin!!

The first of many more! Furman needs for CW to be good.
 #64522  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:31 am
Louis Tully wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:11 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
The Cats wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:

1983. FU WCU.
…with yet another attempt to repeat this senseless vandalism of Paladin Stadium by hundreds of their hooligan fans, after their (meaningless) 1-point regular season win in 1984; an attempt which was bravely thwarted by about 10 then-recently former Furman Football Players, well-fortified with liquid courage, first repelling the throng from their villainous pursuit upon the northwest standard, then outracing them to the southeast endzone and there ably repeating their stalwart defense, suffering only one bloody casualty among the cadre of Paladin protectors, incurred via a cowardly blindside blow delivered by a mace-wielding Catamount Criminal, who was then quickly (and bloodily) dispatched by the injured Paladin’s ally…at which point many of Greenville’s Finest entered the scene shackling several of the visiting cretins, putting an end to their violent behavior before more (WCU fans’) blood was shed.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #64542  by Davemeister
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:08 pm
Good Show! As Grandma always said: there's more than one way to skin a Cat.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.