• Furman @ WCU (Dec. 31st 4pm)

#63758  by cavedweller2
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:00 pm
It’s New Years Eve. I’m suspecting Everclear in the Gatorade at halftime.
 #63759  by Paul C
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:06 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:54 pm
The Cats wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:46 pm
Real losers when all you can do is belittle the intelligence and/or talent of your opponents.

I'm sure the Cats may probably lose this game, but it would be real justice to such an arrogant & pompous fan base if the Cats won today.
Your team is always full of players that play 'hood' basketball, that is a fact, I don't give a rats what you think of Furman, I have no respect for your program and never have
Dude. Just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself.
 #63761  by The Cats
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:12 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
The Cats wrote:
Real losers when all you can do is belittle the intelligence and/or talent of your opponents.

I'm sure the Cats may probably lose this game, but it would be real justice to such an arrogant & pompous fan base if the Cats won today.
Your team is always full of players that play 'hood' basketball, that is a fact, I don't give a rats what you think of Furman, I have no respect for your program and never have
I don't spend a lot of time worrying about your respect for anything, much less your respect for WCU basketball. However, I will say, that the "hood basketball" as you call it, took care of your more "refined" brand of basketball today by about a 12-point margin, didn't it?

Good Luck for the remainder of the season, looks like your team will need that luck... I hope your basketball team does not feel as entitled as the Furman fan base, and guess what - the rest of the SoCon is laughing at Furman right now, too bad. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
 #63762  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:17 pm
The Cats wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
The Cats wrote:

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about your respect for anything, much less your respect for WCU basketball. However, I will say, that the "hood basketball" as you call it, took care of your more "refined" brand of basketball today by about a 12-point margin, didn't it?

Good Luck for the remainder of the season, looks like your team will need that luck... I hope your basketball team does not feel as entitled as the Furman fan base, and guess what - the rest of the SoCon is laughing at Furman right now, too bad. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Glad I got you riled up enough to post, enjoy watching your 'hood' program that always wants to fight us win a few more games this season, then you will never see any of them return to WCU again to watch a game inside that dark funeral home of zero fans called ramsey center because none of your players care about your school, be proud of that I guess ;)
 #63763  by Fuonetime
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:27 pm
What a disappointing game. We are not going to out talent a lot of teams even in the Socon. Wanted to win the regular season title but looks doubtful. Have to get hot in the tourney. We are still inconsistent. I’m not sure how much we will improve going forward. January will be a big test. It’s time to show up.
 #63766  by purplehorse123
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:48 pm
Western was the better team today. We just have not gelled, clicked, meshed this year. Something is missing. Hopefully we can start the season anew today and forget all the pre-season headlines and expectations. I believe that has really hurt us. I doubt we are the most talented team in the conference. Glad it is a long season. Everything is in front of us but only if we improve tremendously.
Davemeister liked this
 #63767  by Paladin91
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:48 pm
Too much inconsistency. Foster was hot last game but colder than ice this game. As much as coach likes Van Derwal and his hustle, he’s not really a scoring threat as a starter. Pegues still doesn’t seem comfortable at the point. Honestly I’d rather see Bothwell run the point. Carter Whitt hasn’t seen any playing time. Coaches have a lot to figure out.

We could always count on a big 3 from Hunter or Garrison at crucial points in a game. They are sorely missed.
 #63771  by purplehorse123
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:19 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:54 pm
I’m thinking that there aren’t too many teams we would have beaten today.
Agreed. No real “go-to” guy in the clutch. The closest thing we have to a “go-to” guy is Bothwell and that is usually with his drives to the left not his outside shooting. Hunter last year could hit the clutch 3.

We sure gave up a lot of driving layups in second half.

Got out-rebounded and missed too many FT.

Just very inconsistent so far this season with not much fluidity on offense.

With one more game we will be beyond the half way mark of the regular season. Need to figure out answers pretty soon .
MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #63773  by The Cats
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:31 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:17 pm
The Cats wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
The Cats wrote:

Glad I got you riled up enough to post, enjoy watching your 'hood' program that always wants to fight us win a few more games this season, then you will never see any of them return to WCU again to watch a game inside that dark funeral home of zero fans called ramsey center because none of your players care about your school, be proud of that I guess ;)
I guess you don't actually keep count of who attends games? for the non-conference schedule, that superior Furman team averaged a whopping 1,788 fans per home game, while the lowly Catamounts averaged only averaged 1,378 per home game, an astronomical difference of about 500 per game.

You'd think all those superior players from all those past FU teams would be showing up in much greater numbers for Furman home games in that wonderful bright, beautifully designed, Timmons Arena, wouldn't you?
 #63774  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:33 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:19 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:54 pm
I’m thinking that there aren’t too many teams we would have beaten today.
Agreed. No real “go-to” guy in the clutch. The closest thing we have to a “go-to” guy is Bothwell and that is usually with his drives to the left not his outside shooting. Hunter last year could hit the clutch 3.

We sure gave up a lot of driving layups in second half.

Got out-rebounded and missed too many FT.

Just very inconsistent so far this season with not much fluidity on offense.

With one more game we will be beyond the half way mark of the regular season. Need to figure out answers pretty soon .
That about sums it up. We don’t play like a veteran team at all. If you didn’t know better you would think our team was a bunch of freshmen who were still learning to play together. Baffling.
 #63777  by Fuonetime
 Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:46 pm
I wonder if coach will get mad at some of us going “negative.”Actually, i hope he goes a little negative. If we are negative its because we care and this team seems to be underachieving. It is so perplexing. We have a veteran team, good staff and a highly regarded head coach. What’s the problem? WCU has a lot of transfers and we have a more stable roster. They did out shoot us but not by much. The biggest difference between the teams in tonight’s game was rebound total. WCU had 35 rebounds and we had 21 rebounds. Coach has said the team that wants to win the rebounding advantage is the team that wants it the most. Accordingly, we did not want it enough. Hope we get it figured out as the season clock is running.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.