• Furman @ NC State (Dec. 13th 6:30pm)

#62845  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:23 am
GOAT wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:25 am
I was at this game. Left with 10 min to go. This was the worst basketball game I have ever seen.
For Furman sure, worse showing in a long time

Bet it was much worse for Wofftard fans watching crap Georgia Southern smoke them by 22 last week :lol: :lol:
 #62860  by furpep
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:45 pm
Hate to say it, but we are not ready for prime time. Very confused about this team right now. But when it comes time to stepping up, we never make the grade.
bj93 liked this
 #62861  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:18 pm
furpep wrote:
Hate to say it, but we are not ready for prime time. Very confused about this team right now. But when it comes time to stepping up, we never make the grade.
Unfortunately our one chance at glory, the spotlight, fame, notoriety whatever you want to call it got snatched from us on March 7, 2022. I’m afraid that will haunt us for years to come.
 #62862  by Furmanoid
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
furpep wrote:
Unfortunately our one chance at glory, the spotlight, fame, notoriety whatever you want to call it got snatched from us on March 7, 2022.
When you look at it, we've had more talent leaving than coming in for a few years now. There was no reason to think this team would be better than last year. But I still think that the rest of the SoCon has deteriorated faster than we have. So no, we aren't really a top 100 team, and no, we aren't improving but we DO have a great chance of at least making the tournament which is a start. And CBR won't be getting snatched anytime soon. Hell he might be chasing that bid for another 15-20 years! So there's that.
Davemeister liked this
 #62865  by Affirm
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
furpep wrote:
Unfortunately our one chance at glory, the spotlight, fame, notoriety whatever you want to call it got snatched from us on March 7, 2022.
When we win the SoCon Tourney on 3/6/23, this message board will be ALL ABOUT “glory, spotlight, fame, notoriety, whatever you want to call it”.
But very few beyond Furman will be impressed. Some may notice the rare novelty of it, probably not many.
Some will consider it a fluke.
That impression may change a little if we beat some big name in the NCAA Tournament or maybe if we win a second game.
At least we’ll have our first basketball championship in 43 (forty-three) years. That will be good.
 #62866  by Furmanoid
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:35 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
furpep wrote:
When we win the SoCon Tourney on 3/6/23, this message board will be ALL ABOUT “glory, spotlight, fame, notoriety, whatever you want to call it”.
But very few beyond Furman will be impressed. Some may notice the rare novelty of it, probably not many.
Some will consider it a fluke.
That impression may change a little if we beat some big name in the NCAA Tournament or maybe if we win a second game.
At least we’ll have our first basketball championship in 43 (forty-three) years. That will be good.
I was hoping we could do better than just sneaking into the tournament through the SoCon. But we just aren't that good. So lets just do the sneak into the tournament part and be happy with it.
I am now way more optimistic about football than basketball. Basketball is futile. We will never make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Football might not be futile, because we play at a lower level.

So if the NCAA completely unravels and the divisions need to be rearranged (which I think is pretty likely) maybe we don't belong in the top basketball division. Well, obviously we don't ,but maybe accepting it is worth considering. I don't think the size of the school is as big a problem as our insistence on playing a bunch of college students.
Affirm liked this
 #62867  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:07 pm
Some of you guys might want to take a chill pill, we've had our chance to win every single game so far this year except yesterday at ACC NC State, the program is in a great place and continuing to move forward, its all good ;)
FurmAlum liked this
 #62882  by purplehorse123
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:49 pm
I think CBR is a good basketball coach and a great life coach. I think our biggest problem is talent. Surprised with his success that we can’t recruit better players. I think he can develop players but you have to work with what you have.

I have never seen any team at any level above middle school pass as poorly as we did the other night.
 #62885  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:29 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:49 pm
I think CBR is a good basketball coach and a great life coach. I think our biggest problem is talent. Surprised with his success that we can’t recruit better players. I think he can develop players but you have to work with what you have.

I have never seen any team at any level above middle school pass as poorly as we did the other night.
Have you seen the arena he has had to recruit with? Combine that with tough academic requirements and I think he is recruiting pretty solid considering.
Now once the arena renovation is done and we have big time facilities imagine what he will be able to do ;)
 #62899  by FurmAlum
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:52 pm
I agree with FU Hoopla. Everybody needs to chill out. So we aren't as good as us fans thought we were. Heck, the season isn't over yet. Some things need to get worked out for sure.

Last season UNC was in a terrible funk in January. I got on their message board and there were some awful comments being said about the players and Hubert Davis. And look what happened, they made it to the championship game.

I still like this team. It's not as good as last year's team yet. The development of Pegues, Hughey, Williams, Vanderwal, and Whitt are the key. Maybe even Anderson and Lawrence.

P.S. UNC is back in the crapper, for now. :D
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62908  by Affirm
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:12 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Some of you guys might want to take a chill pill, we've had our chance to win every single game so far this year except yesterday at ACC NC State, the program is in a great place and continuing to move forward, its all good ;)
Not sure that you include affirm in “Some of you guys might want to take a chill pill”. I assure you affirm does not need to . Those who need a chill pill are those who believe that “glory, spotlight, fame, notoriety , whatever“ is here or soon to be here. The program is in a great place already, without “glory, spotlight, fame notoriety.” We have a truly fine coach. We are already great. Yay. Go Furman.
Last edited by Affirm on Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #62909  by Furmanoid
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:22 am
Just to be clear, I didn’t say the season was over. I said I expect us to go to the NCAA tournament even though we’ve regressed. And I am chilled. That’s the problem. I’m so chilled I’m bored when I was expecting to be excited.When we get to 10 in a row I’ll get excited again.
FurmAlum liked this
 #62914  by furpop16
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:34 am
Of course all will become clear looking backward after March, but from our position right now the excitement of this team is taking place off the court: observing how CBR figures this out. Lots of moving parts, lots of levers to pull. I remain highly confident.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62917  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:23 am
affirm wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:12 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Not sure that you include affirm in “Some of you guys might want to take a chill pill”. I assure you affirm does not need to . Those who need a chill pill are those who believe that “glory, spotlight, fame, notoriety , whatever“ is here or soon to be here. The program is in a great place already, without “glory, spotlight, fame notoriety.” We have a truly fine coach. We are already great. Yay. Go Furman.

What?
 #62918  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:24 am
We are going to win this Saturday

We are going to win the SoCon Regular Season title

We are going to win the SoCon tournament and end the NCAA drought

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.