• Furman @ NC State (Dec. 13th 6:30pm)

#62799  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:32 pm
Tied them in the second half ;)

This game matters zero, Richey will learn alot from it

Win streak starts on Saturday folks
 #62801  by Paladin91
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:39 pm
Another horrible showing in front of a national audience - uninspiring basketball. I didn't necessarily expect to win the game, but I did expect it to be competitive. This team needs to find some consistency and an identity. At this stage, I don't see us winning the SOCON. No way we can win the tourney with this kind of inconsistent ball play. CBR may need to reinforce the fundamentals - this is how you pass a basketball. Just lazy play.
 #62805  by purplehorse123
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:59 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:32 pm
Tied them in the second half ;)

This game matters zero, Richey will learn alot from it

Win streak starts on Saturday folks
That might be what we need to celebrate this year, when we tie the opponent in the second half.

So far our identity is inconsistency, poor D and lack of a smooth offense. We have one “go-to” player who you can depend on occasionally. Maybe CBR is talking about a “one game ceiling” on any given night instead of a repeatable ceiling in multiple games.
 #62815  by Affirm
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:30 pm
We may end up with enough SoCon wins to have at least more wins than losses.
After that, the really good news is we will win the SoCon Tournament”; and the really bad news is our truly fine coach will be hired away. It’s possible we still will have one more CHANCE for a “high profile” win against a “big name school” before our truly fine coach leaves, but not until the NCAA Tournament. (Glad we beat at least USC this year, but that does not seem like a particularly “high profile” win at this point.)
 #62816  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:48 pm
DoomedDin1127 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:51 pm
Still better than the rest of the SoCon.
Very, very debateable. I think you are giving FU too much credit and not giving the SoCon any credit. We are 3-2 against ODU, SC St., HP, App.St. and Winthrop. Do you not think other SoCon schools could go 3-2 against those teams? Even in the 3 wins we struggled and had to win those games in the last minutes. I think we are fooling ourselves if we think the SoCon is going to be a cakewalk. This team could win it but could also finish middle of the pack. Right now I think SU is the favorite when they get Glover back with at least 3-4 other contenders. I hope FU proves it shoukd be in the contender category,
 #62817  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:00 pm
Been 5 years since FU has had a game over at halftime. Last was at #2 Duke in 2017 when they were down 18, lost by 29. This one was a little worse since it was to an unranked though decent team.
 #62822  by FurmAlum
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:36 pm
How many times did we throw it straight into the hands of State player?

I have never seen more lazy and/or ill advised passes in a basketball game. I would ask that player/players...what were you thinking?
apaladin, FU Hoopla liked this
 #62825  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:46 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Another horrible showing in front of a national audience - uninspiring basketball. I didn't necessarily expect to win the game, but I did expect it to be competitive. This team needs to find some consistency and an identity. At this stage, I don't see us winning the SOCON. No way we can win the tourney with this kind of inconsistent ball play. CBR may need to reinforce the fundamentals - this is how you pass a basketball. Just lazy play.
The vegas line was 6.5 .. we got SMOKED. I told a buddy we wouldn't stay NEAR that.

Why? TERQUAVION SMITH - Dude was half way to NBA and withdrew
 #62827  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:11 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:46 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
The vegas line was 6.5 .. we got SMOKED. I told a buddy we wouldn't stay NEAR that.

Why? TERQUAVION SMITH - Dude was half way to NBA and withdrew
Yep, Vegas has really given us some free money lately but I’m too stoopid to take it.
 #62828  by DoomedDin1127
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:02 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:48 pm
DoomedDin1127 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:51 pm
Still better than the rest of the SoCon.
Very, very debateable. I think you are giving FU too much credit and not giving the SoCon any credit. We are 3-2 against ODU, SC St., HP, App.St. and Winthrop. Do you not think other SoCon schools could go 3-2 against those teams? Even in the 3 wins we struggled and had to win those games in the last minutes. I think we are fooling ourselves if we think the SoCon is going to be a cakewalk. This team could win it but could also finish middle of the pack. Right now I think SU is the favorite when they get Glover back with at least 3-4 other contenders. I hope FU proves it shoukd be in the contender category,
I hear what you're saying, and I don't think the SoCon is a cakewalk exactly either. I do think FU is considerably in the best situation compared to everyone else.

Losing to NC State, ODU, and HPU sucks... but SU lost to an NAIA team, Louisiana, UCF, DePaul, and LA Tech. That's WAYYYYY worse considering 3 of their wins are NAIA teams. All of their other wins are from teams with losing records. Chatt is yet to be determined since the harder part of their OOC is ahead of them. Beating Murray St. is the only "quality" win so far for the Mocs. Even Murray St. is in a funk right now.

I'd rather this team be figuring out who they are now, than to live and die by one player. That's part of stacking high level competition in the OOC. With that said...wathcing tonight's game stung.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62830  by fu77fan
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:34 am
That was one of the worst games I have seen a Furman team play in a long , long , long time!!

The following stats are awful
- we had 20 turnovers
-The Wolfpack had 17 steals
-Our 5 starters shot 33%
-We shot 32% from 3 point range

Ouch !!
Gotta forget it , hopefully learn from it, and move on !!

Go Dins!!
Roundball, FU Hoopla liked this
 #62831  by purplehorse123
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:42 am
There are so many areas we need to work on. I don’t think we have a single player who is comfortable bringing the ball up court other than possibly Anderson. PJ just looks uncomfortable. Lots of just awful passes tonight by most everybody. I am not sure you would win any conference game with 20 turnovers.

In my mind our season starts on Dec 29 against VMI.
apaladin liked this
 #62842  by Furmanoid
 Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:37 am
GOAT wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:25 am
I was at this game. Left with 10 min to go. This was the worst basketball game I have ever seen.
I was wondering if it was just me. It seems like something ain’t right.
tim liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.