• Winthrop @ Furman (Dec. 10th 4pm)

#62307  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:34 am
Oh and BTW it would be nice to start drawing better crowds, honestly not sure what we need to do, but we offered $5 tickets ect. ect. and we still not pulling in great crowds like we should, maybe with this being a Saturday it will be better
 #62308  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:37 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Oh and BTW it would be nice to start drawing better crowds, honestly not sure what we need to do, but we offered $5 tickets ect. ect. and we still not pulling in great crowds like we should, maybe with this being a Saturday it will be better
True, ticket sales are good but the no shows are just ridiculous. My seats are low center court and last night we had our entire row all to ourselves except for one other.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62313  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:47 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:37 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
True, ticket sales are good but the no shows are just ridiculous. My seats are low center court and last night we had our entire row all to ourselves except for one other.

Yep its a problem, we also need a much more engaged student section, hopefully come SoCon games that will be the case
 #62317  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:29 am
Vegas had us -12 against High Point and -8 against Old Dominion, I guess whatever the Vegas line is against Winthrop we should just ignore it lol, just win dang it!
 #62336  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:51 pm
I was at the game at Winthrop last year, DJ Burns and Anumba were a handful for us glad Burns transferred and Anumba I believe is hurt

Burns is still on our radar though, at NC St. but coming off the bench for about 16mpg
 #62338  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:16 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Burns is still on our radar though, at NC St. but coming off the bench for about 16mpg
May see him a little more than that. NC State's other center, Mahorcic, had a pretty ugly knee injury last night, so I imagine Burns will get a lot more time along with Ebe Dowuona who started most of last year.
 #62339  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:21 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
May see him a little more than that. NC State's other center, Mahorcic, had a pretty ugly knee injury last night, so I imagine Burns will get a lot more time along with Ebe Dowuona who started most of last year.

Seems NC State has loaded up with alot of depth this year, Ill be interested to see how the game @Miami who is fringe top 25 goes on Saturday

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /401488397
 #62344  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:53 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:21 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Seems NC State has loaded up with alot of depth this year, Ill be interested to see how the game @Miami who is fringe top 25 goes on Saturday

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /401488397
Don't want to hijack the Winthrop thread but have watched a few of their games this year.

State goes as Smith and Joiner go. They had to bring in a lot of guys because honestly the roster was pretty devoid of talent behind Smith and Seabron. When Joiner and Smith are rolling they are a very good guard combo. Smith is going to take a lot of shots. They were both ice cold against Pitt and they never really threatened winning.

They are definitely improved from last year, but I doubt they're much more than a middle of the pack ACC team right now. Clark was supposed to be the matchup problem for teams this year but he hasn't really performed as expected to this point. State doesn't really have another good 3 guy behind him either. Honestly they don't have a ton of quality depth behind their top 6-7 period. If they get in foul trouble, things could get dicey quickly. Morsell can get hot from 3 if he gets his shot early. He has games where he disappears as well though.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62348  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:19 pm
Should have bet the farm the last 2 games. That 26 point spread against SC State was money in the bank as well as last nights. This team is not good enough to beat any D1 team by 26. Winthrop is definitely capable of winning Saturday.
 #62360  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:08 pm
Last year we went 8-5 out of conference with a win against Louisville

If we can go 9-4 out of conference this year with a win against South Carolina ill consider it just as successful as last season prior to conference play
 #62379  by Furmanoid
 Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:35 am
FU Hoopla wrote:

If we can go 9-4 out of conference this year with a win against South Carolina ill consider it just as successful as last season prior to conference play
That is reasonable, but we shouldn’t think of last year or any recent year as a standard. This year needs to be better. Way better, really. How’s our trajectory look after this year? Not that great. I’m hoping for a really eye popping year that brings in recruits and transfers.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62385  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:58 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:35 am
FU Hoopla wrote:

That is reasonable, but we shouldn’t think of last year or any recent year as a standard. This year needs to be better. Way better, really. How’s our trajectory look after this year? Not that great. I’m hoping for a really eye popping year that brings in recruits and transfers.

Agee.
But I am just trying to keep myself sane with the semi-moderate win/loss expectations, bottom line I just want to win on March 6th dang it, end this streak finally, then worry about the rest later.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.