• High Point @ Furman (Dec. 6th 7pm)

#62325  by FU3
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:40 pm
Project much ? I don’t really give a rats ass about you or your incoherent rants, what pisses me off is this used to be an interesting site mostly populated by people with thoughtful and sometimes divergent opinions on Furman sports. It is now dominated by you and a few fellow travelers with mind numbing takes. Cheerio!
 #62326  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:44 pm
FU3 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:40 pm
Project much ? I don’t really give a rats ass about you or your incoherent rants, what pisses me off is this used to be an interesting site mostly populated by people with thoughtful and sometimes divergent opinions on Furman sports. It is now dominated by you and a few fellow travelers with mind numbing takes. Cheerio!

You have posted twice in the basketball forum this season, when we lost to ODU and when we lost to High Point

Did you say anything when we beat Belmont, nope
How about beating USC by 19, did you say shit here, nope
Or had the come back win at App St., nope

You are a rat with a hidden agenda against our basketball team and a hate for me

If this basketball forum went by the way of people like you it would be as dead as the Wofford message board, not one dang thing being said, so try to blow your hot air a little harder if you want to make any sense next time ;)
 #62328  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:10 pm
FU3 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:59 pm
You really believe that you and your BS is keeping this site active? 😂…post away!!
Blah blah blah blah, you have added 99% more posts to this basketball forum in regards to me over this past 16 hours then you have added in the basketball forum during this entire season, congrats
 #62331  by FU3
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:24 pm
This all stems from my pointing out that some had some unrealistic views on how good ( especially) early in the season this team was going to be. Glad you had the opportunity to fully flesh out your new persona(seems a lot like the old one ) but you do you.
 #62332  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:27 pm
FU3 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:24 pm
This all stems from my pointing out that some had some unrealistic views on how good ( especially) early in the season this team was going to be. Glad you had the opportunity to fully flesh out your new persona(seems a lot like the old one ) but you do you.

And yet another post in the basketball forum by you its unheard of the dedication, woop woop!!
Hot air and dreams sonny boy, hot air and dreams
 #62340  by Jasper
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:25 pm
What is amazing to me is that we lost by only 3 points and if we made a few easy shots at the end, we could have won. BB is a simple game. If your team shoots 45% from the field and only 28% from the 3 and the other guy shoots 60% and 65% in those respective categories, there is a good chance you are going to get your ass kicked. The question is why HP and a few other teams we played this year are shooting so well against FU. Is it bad luck or poor defense? Since we can't do shit about the first one, I think the coach & players needs to ramp up the defensive intensity several notches. It is simply not as tough as it was for most of last season. HP had some good shot creators - and they were hot - but they were also pretty unmolested, especially on drives to the basket. We need an intimidator back there. Slawson is one of the best shot blockers in the league. Then low and behold we found the answer to the HP offensive show. Don't let them set up in the backcourt. We pressed them in the later part of the 1st half and they fell apart. One would think we would press them coming out of the dressing room for the 2nd half.......and we did no such thing? What's with that? We have a deep rotation and then is necessary for a long press. The only good thing about this game is that it happened in December. There is time to learn and adjust. HP is a good team that was also hot. Shit happens.
Furmanoid, FurmAlum liked this
 #62341  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:28 pm
On the Bothwell drive with 5 seconds left down 1, he actually gets some separation but it was to the right lane, if he's making that drive to his left he probably puts it in the basket
 #62342  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:38 pm
High Point was only called for 4 fouls in the second half last night, total BS as we all know, that game was terribly officiated
 #62346  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:57 pm
Go back and watch the game on ESPN+ replay, with 25 seconds left down 1 we had a breakaway easy basket and the High Point player pushes Marcus Foster in the back plain as day, that is an intentional foul that was not called and should have been 2 shots and the ball for FU

Ridiculous

Go to 01:58:10 and let it run, refs screwed us big time
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/ ... e08259fd12
 #62347  by furpop16
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:07 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:14 am

CBR is masterful in this conference.

All of the questions being posed in this thread are answered in this video.
- Why are teams shooting their best percentages against us time and time again?
- Why don't we press more?
- Don't we just need to shoot better?
- With last year's Defensive POY, and with our depth this year, why can't we find the right defensive combination?

I've listened to it multiple times. Over the next few games we'll see CBR earn his paycheck figuring out the current riddle and transposing his words onto the court. If he's successful, hands-down he'll deserve Coach of the Year.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62349  by Roundball
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:27 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:07 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:14 am

CBR is masterful in this conference.

All of the questions being posed in this thread are answered in this video.
- Why are teams shooting their best percentages against us time and time again?
- Why don't we press more?
- Don't we just need to shoot better?
- With last year's Defensive POY, and with our depth this year, why can't we find the right defensive combination?

I've listened to it multiple times. Over the next few games we'll see CBR earn his paycheck figuring out the current riddle and transposing his words onto the court. If he's successful, hands-down he'll deserve Coach of the Year.
Coach Richey is always honest and informative in his postgame press conferences, but this one is the best ever. It is also a reminder that listening to him in this setting is much better than listening to him answer a few quick questions on the radio broadcast.
furpop16, FurmAlum liked this
 #62351  by cavedweller2
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:11 pm
Cut down on the threes by half and take the ball to the hoop. Do that and we win that game going away. Instead we looked like the Seinfeld episode about chucking.
FU Hoopla, FurmAlum, bj93 liked this
 #62353  by Furmanoid
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:53 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:11 pm
Cut down on the threes by half and take the ball to the hoop. Do that and we win that game going away. Instead we looked like the Seinfeld episode about chucking.
Nope. Got to get with the times old man. Analytics show that threes are far more effective that layups even when they never go in.
apaladin, GOAT liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.