• High Point @ Furman (Dec. 6th 7pm)

#62281  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:48 pm
FYI really no point in checking kenpom and ncaa net rankings anymore..fell 15 spots tonight to 85 in kenpom. HP went up about 30 spots to break in to the top 200.
 #62282  by fu77fan
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:59 pm
Not only did we play poor dense, shoot terrible from 3 point range, but we also got outrebounded. Hein got only 2 rebounds . Slawson got only 3 rebounds. I would expect more rebounds from your two tallest players.
 #62286  by FurmAlum
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:03 am
My take on this is:

1. We were letting them drive all the way to the rim uncontested. That is a cardinal sin. Gotta get the D figured out.
2. The reason the rebounding was subpar was because there weren't any. Heck they hit everything they shot.
3. Most of our offense was pretty efficient when we worked the ball but our shot selection at times was not good. That is what is causing our low 3 pt %. Too many forced shots with guys in our face and some out 1 step too far.
4. We made a poor attempt at getting Slawson the ball in position to score in the first half. He should be a go to guy but we we not going to him enough in my opinion and were jacking up too many out of position 3 point shots.
 #62296  by Furmanoid
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:32 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:03 am
My take on this is:

1. We were letting them drive all the way to the rim uncontested. That is a cardinal sin. Gotta get the D figured out.
2. The reason the rebounding was subpar was because there weren't any. Heck they hit everything they shot.
3. Most of our offense was pretty efficient when we worked the ball but our shot selection at times was not good. That is what is causing our low 3 pt %. Too many forced shots with guys in our face and some out 1 step too far.
4. We made a poor attempt at getting Slawson the ball in position to score in the first half. He should be a go to guy but we we not going to him enough in my opinion and were jacking up too many out of position 3 point shots.
Hmm, you’re sounding a little boomerish. Need to get your mind right like me. Jacking up out of position 3’s is today’s game, man! What would you have us do? Take wide open uncontested 15 footers? Nobody does that!
FurmAlum liked this
 #62298  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:09 am
FU3 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:19 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 pm
FU3 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:13 pm
Missed a couple of layups down the stretch… this team will be fine. We graduated two really good players and we are playing a pretty tough non conference schedule. Some of the expectations for this team by some here were way over the top.Let’s keep getting better and just win the regular season and tournament.

So its over the top to have expectations to beat high point in Timmons, noted :lol:

Guess what, if Bob Richey does not get us playing better defense then nobody's expectations will be met, not even your 'low' expectations
High Point has one loss to 8-0 UNLV (by 10) .. you might want pace yourself on your negativity long season and you have already gone to the well on one name change persona reinvention.

Negativity???

I pointed out our defense was atrocious, that was pretty obvious to anyone, get your shit in check

If anything I've been the most positive person on here with regard to basketball, don't give a flip about some wanker like you that comes on here once a month to post some BS garbage towards other posters, peace
 #62299  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:12 am
Paul C wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:26 pm
We are 329th in D1 in 3 pt shooting D. Opponents are shooting 39% against us. Burned us in all 3 losses.
Yep, bad
 #62316  by palafan
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:04 am
Bottom line is that we don't have and haven't had a Rafferty type player since he left. When you are kind of one dimensional and live by the outside shot, you die by the outside shot when its a cold shooting night like last night.
 #62319  by FU3
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:13 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU3 wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU3 wrote:
Missed a couple of layups down the stretch… this team will be fine. We graduated two really good players and we are playing a pretty tough non conference schedule. Some of the expectations for this team by some here were way over the top.Let’s keep getting better and just win the regular season and tournament.

So its over the top to have expectations to beat high point in Timmons, noted :lol:

Guess what, if Bob Richey does not get us playing better defense then nobody's expectations will be met, not even your 'low' expectations
High Point has one loss to 8-0 UNLV (by 10) .. you might want pace yourself on your negativity long season and you have already gone to the well on one name change persona reinvention.

Negativity???

I pointed out our defense was atrocious, that was pretty obvious to anyone, get your shit in check

If anything I've been the most positive person on here with regard to basketball, don't give a flip about some wanker like you that comes on here once a month to post some BS garbage towards other posters, peace
Sorry I triggered you Sybil. You go from one extreme to the other either telling us we have the second coming of UCLA or whining about how we suck. Check back with some of the posts from your previous renditions and tell us all again how positive you are. “”Wanker” huh.. guess we are due for your new British version.
 #62321  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:19 pm
FU3 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:13 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU3 wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU3 wrote:

Negativity???

Sorry I triggered you Sybil. You go from one extreme to the other either telling us we have the second coming of UCLA or whining about how we suck. Check back with some of the posts from your previous renditions and tell us all again how positive you are. “”Wanker” huh.. guess we are due for your new British version.

Show me where I said 'we suck'?
And yes you are a clueless wanker, so either get a clue or crawl back in your rathole, cheers
 #62324  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:31 pm
FU3 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:29 pm
Bootie posted a nice synopsis of your comments previously , please review before your next melt down.
The problem with posters like FU3, they only post in basketball when we lose, screams hidden agenda, listen little buddy you don't like me and I don't give a flip about you, end of story ;)

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.