• High Point @ Furman (Dec. 6th 7pm)

#62263  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:09 pm
The loss tonight is squarely on Bob Richey

He needs to figure out his dang rotation and get us playing higher level defense, and soon
Jasper liked this
 #62264  by FU3
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:13 pm
Missed a couple of layups down the stretch… this team will be fine. We graduated two really good players and we are playing a pretty tough non conference schedule. Some of the expectations for this team by some here were way over the top.Let’s keep getting better and just win the regular season and tournament.
Roundball liked this
 #62265  by Paladin83
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:25 pm
Disagree! This team needs a wake up call! We have started almost every game asleep! Need to get our crap together or it will be 41 years since our last NCAA tournament appearance. This was the team to do it! Wake up and make it happen!
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62267  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 pm
FU3 wrote:
Missed a couple of layups down the stretch… this team will be fine. We graduated two really good players and we are playing a pretty tough non conference schedule. Some of the expectations for this team by some here were way over the top.Let’s keep getting better and just win the regular season and tournament.

So its over the top to have expectations to beat high point in Timmons, noted :lol:

Guess what, if Bob Richey does not get us playing better defense then nobody's expectations will be met, not even your 'low' expectations
 #62268  by FU Hoopla
Paladin83 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:25 pm
Disagree! This team needs a wake up call! We have started almost every game asleep! Need to get our crap together or it will be 41 years since our last NCAA tournament appearance. This was the team to do it! Wake up and make it happen!
Yep!
 #62269  by MidlandsPaladin
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:34 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU3 wrote:

So its over the top to have expectations to beat high point in Timmons, noted :lol:

Guess what, if Bob Richey does not get us playing better defense then nobody's expectations will be met, not even your 'low' expectations
Can’t be a coincidence that every team we play has it’s best shooting night of the season against us.
FU Hoopla, bj93 liked this
 #62270  by furpop16
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:39 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:

He needs to figure out his dang rotation and get us playing higher level defense, and soon

Exactly what he said on the post-game show.
FU Hoopla, QCGlue liked this
 #62271  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:40 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:39 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:

Exactly what he said on the post-game show.

Good, it was quite obvious, wish he would have put that together during the game
 #62272  by RaleighDin
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:56 pm
Let's not forget we have two guys in their 5th year in the program... CBR needs to figure out rotations, absolutely - but he can't go out there and play defense for them. End of the day we need Jalen and Mike (I'll throw Marcus in here as well) to set the tone on defense.

Anyone else think it looks like Jalen is carrying a lot of pressure? Even on defense, he seems to be pressing a bit.

I'm confident we'll figure this out, but it's definitely frustrating in the moment.
 #62273  by fu77fan
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:08 pm
Yes our defense needs to be better for sure. But in my opinion, the big problem this year is our poor 3 point shooting. Our 3 point shooting % is not very good. We were 9/32 tonight. 28% . You will not win too many games if you do not shoot better from 3.
 #62274  by purplehorse123
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:16 pm
Thrilled to hear CBR on postgame show. I think when he is not on postgame it is terrible. I still don’t understand when he is on postgame and when he is not.

Glad he used the word I have used to describe us as a team so far this year: INCONSISTENT.

I was a little surprised he harped only on defense. True our D has been bad but we are also inconsistent shooting. But coaching can only do so much there.

We really did well when we pressed etc to go on a run at the end of the first half and when we trapped/pressed and Pegues went on an 8-0 run toward the end of the game.

SHOCKED we did not press etc. more in the second half when High Point looked completely befuddled when we pressed in the first half.

CBR said in his pregame interview that we had a lot of talent and we could be “scary good”. He made it sound like we were a potentially top 10 team in the country. I have not seen anything like that through 9 games.

If we play in the Conference like we have played so far we will go about 12-6.

I like CBR think we have the potential to do better. He was about as serious and frustrated tonight as I have ever heard him but again surprised that his concern seemed to be 100 % on D.
Last edited by purplehorse123 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #62275  by FU3
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:19 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU3 wrote:

High Point has one loss to 8-0 UNLV (by 10) .. you might want pace yourself on your negativity long season and you have already gone to the well on one name change persona reinvention.
 #62278  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:45 pm
I think everyone has already pointed out our weaknesses and deficiencies. They are pretty obvious. At the game it was very onvious that HP was much quicker and faster. With all our subbing HP beat us with just their starting 5. Their bench scored 2 points. Agree about the rotation, need to figure it out.
Jasper liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.