• Looking back, Looking forward

#62109  by MNORM
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:49 am
gofurman wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:37 am
OK, question - I thought someone said the SoCon is one of the only conferences that doesn't allow undergraduate intra-conference transfers.

1) Is that true? I don't know.

2) If so, per Astro and others, even if intra-conference you CAN take grad transfers?? Per Astro "Furman has offered a VMI graduate DL/NG; having another 6-3 300-run stopper would be awesome."

3) Do other conferences allow undergraduate intra-conference transfers?

Thanks for the answers !!!
They allow it but, if still an undergrad, the player has to sit out a year. That's been my interpretation of their rule.
 #62179  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:18 am
MNORM wrote:
gofurman wrote:
OK, question - I thought someone said the SoCon is one of the only conferences that doesn't allow undergraduate intra-conference transfers.

2) If so, per Astro and others, even if intra-conference you CAN take grad transfers?? Per Astro "Furman has offered a VMI graduate DL/NG; having another 6-3 300-run stopper would be awesome."

They allow it but, if still an undergrad, the player has to sit out a year. That's been my interpretation of their rule.
Thanks MNORM !! ... so essentially - in this day and age of "I want my PT" and instant gratification... it ain't happening. It might as well say "go to another conference".

Do other conferences make you sit out that year also?
 #62194  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:20 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:18 am
MNORM wrote:
gofurman wrote:

Thanks MNORM !! ... so essentially - in this day and age of "I want my PT" and instant gratification... it ain't happening. It might as well say "go to another conference".

Do other conferences make you sit out that year also?

Some may be moving for PT.

A lot of the Furman guys are converting four years of eligibility into two degrees.
 #62196  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:25 am
*5 years / seasons of eligibility for Student Athletes who may or may not have been affected by Covid, i.e those enrolled during the 2020-2021 Academic/Athletics calendar.
 #62198  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:30 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:25 am
*5 years / seasons of eligibility for Student Athletes who may or may not have been affected by Covid, i.e those enrolled during the 2020-2021 Academic/Athletics calendar.

Right. It's still four seasons not governed by an exception (COVID eligibility, medical redshirt, etc.)

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.