• Congrats For Good Year!

#61960  by Sad Din
 Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:37 pm
Its a tough loss but it was a very good year. Lots of progress and the FUture is brite!

Thanks to all the players, coaches, support staff and admin that put all they have in having a great year!
FU3, dornb, Bootie and 3 others liked this
 #61961  by Thorny
 Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:55 pm
I second Sad Din. This football program did an incredible job representing the University.

Thank you to everyone involved and seniors I hope you cherished all of it.
FU3, dornb, Victor Greene liked this
 #61973  by Affirm
 Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:16 pm
This team far exceeded what I thought they would do this year.
I congratulate and thank them every one - players, coaches, staff, and all of the fans who believed in the team from the beginning all the way to the end.
I realize I am usually much more pessimistic and doubtful than most on here. I also realize I am often wrong and do not know much about football compared to what many or most of the posters on here know.
May Furman Football continue at its current high level and continue on its upward trajectory.
dornb, FU3, Victor Greene and 1 others liked this
 #61984  by Jasper
 Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:25 pm
Losing sucks. Furman could’ve and should’ve won this game. But the players and coaches have much to be proud of. They far exceeded any reasonable expectations for the season. They were the best team in the SoCon and only got screwed out of the title by one of the worst officiating calls in history. The kids played their hearts out today and the coaching staff on both sides of the ball made some of the best adjustments I have ever seen. They all have much to be proud of. This program is trending upward after a few years offensive struggles and look like they will be able to compete with any of these post graduate transfer mills that grew out of the transfer portal. Furman, Richmond, Holy Cross and William & Mary are proving they can compete on a high level while essentially using home grown student athletes. Hold your heads up high in this defeat, players and coaches. Thank you for giving us all a fun season.
MidlandsPaladin, dornb, AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #61987  by purplehorse123
 Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:11 pm
We all know many games are a game of inches-one play here or there.

We far exceeded my expectations and most importantly I think we got over the hurdle of “finding ways to lose”. We developed into a very good football team. I think the future is very bright!

I think the top criteria for having a good FCS team is to have a good QB. Kudos to Tyler Huff for his overall play this year.
dornb, din23, gman84 liked this
 #61988  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:21 pm
Agree with all the above. Can’t say enough positive things about everyone involved in the fb program. After many long years FU fooball is relevant again.
din23, dornb liked this
 #61990  by fu77fan
 Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:51 pm
While I am very disappointed that we did not win today, I want to congratulate the team for continuing to fight today ! We certainly could have won.

I think we showed great improvement this year - the offense, defense and special teams. The team should be proud. Thanks for a great season !

To all players who can play another year vs move on . Please come back !! Let’s build upon this year!!

I look forward to next year!!
dornb, apaladin liked this
 #61993  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:15 pm
As bad as we all feel, I really feel for the team and coaches that just got back to Greenville. They know they were so close to moving on.
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.