• Replay of Furman v VMI ?

#6190  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:18 pm
It was Shown in ESPN+ When live so I expected a replay on ESPN+... They always do. Didn't see one as of today. - anyone

Or is it on YouTube ? I looked and didn't see it there either. Didn't get to watch much so I wanted to watch it now

Help appreciated !!!
 #6194  by furman88
 Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:46 pm
Type in ESPN3. Brings up overall ESPN choices. Choose schedule. After schedule comes up hit the replay in banner at the top for Nov, 10. All the games ESPN broadcast that day is there no matter what venue they were telecast on. Furman /VMI is in the 1:30 time slot. It's there just looked.
 #6198  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 pm
88, Thanks!

Much appreciated. Weird that it comes up your way and shows ESPN+ but didn't show via ESPN+ itself. Who knows.

Either way I appreciate it a lot!!
 #6205  by furman88
 Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:29 am
Yea don't always make sense just works. I watch replays alot of Furman and diffrent teams,had to find a way.
 #6207  by AstroDin
 Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:54 am
Watched the replay of the game… a few thoughts.

Based on the announcer's comments VMI - really felt like they had a very chance to win that game. I know all teams do, or else why play the game. My point is the announcers in the second half kept bringing up this doesn't look like the team we were expecting.

By the second half — they were impressed and talked over and over about the number of players Furman can get the ball to on offense.

Just sitting down and watching the replay without the stress of it being live — it's impressive to watch the formations and personnel packages on offense as well as defense. As this young team matures in the next couple of years we're going to be a handful.

One last thought — Harris Roberts isn't flashy but man he's an accurate passer.
QCGlue liked this
 #6208  by The Jackal
 Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:31 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:54 am
Watched the replay of the game… a few thoughts.

Based on the announcer's comments VMI - really felt like they had a very chance to win that game. I know all teams do, or else why play the game. My point is the announcers in the second half kept bringing up this doesn't look like the team we were expecting.

By the second half — they were impressed and talked over and over about the number of players Furman can get the ball to on offense.

Just sitting down and watching the replay without the stress of it being live — it's impressive to watch the formations and personnel packages on offense as well as defense. As this young team matures in the next couple of years we're going to be a handful.

One last thought — Harris Roberts isn't flashy but man he's an accurate passer.
I think there was good reason to expect VMI to give Furman trouble. The Keydets have not won a lot, but they've been nipping at the heels of a number of teams this season. Being a cold game on the road, you could sort of feel a "trap game" coming.

I think you are watching the team get better every week. They look more comfortable and the defense has really settled in. It isn't easy for a defense to play option teams/spread passing teams in rotating weeks, but we have really handled that well.

Furman did to VMI what good teams are supposed to do - hit them early and remove any notion of them hanging around.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:59 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.