• Conference transfers?

#61522  by Furmanoid
 Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:44 am
At lunch I’m walking over to talk to our hs coach and tell him to call VMI. We have some great players with no offers better than Newberry. The trick is to get them there without telling them what the M stands for.
FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #61528  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:50 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:44 am
At lunch I’m walking over to talk to our hs coach and tell him to call VMI. We have some great players with no offers better than Newberry. The trick is to get them there without telling them what the M stands for.

I think VMI has some restrictions on recruiting out-of-state.
 #61671  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:51 pm
ETSU continues to lose guys to the portal. Alijah Huzzie and Tyler Riddell are also now in the portal. Not as bad as VMI but things aren’t looking great at ETSU either.
 #61677  by The Jackal
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:52 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
ETSU continues to lose guys to the portal. Alijah Huzzie and Tyler Riddell are also now in the portal. Not as bad as VMI but things aren’t looking great at ETSU either.
Huzzie was up on a lot of Buchanan Award lists. He's a huge loss.
 #61678  by AstroDin
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:11 pm
FYI… had a convo today with someone about SoCon transfers…
Undergrad SoCon guys entering the portal can’t transfer to a league school.
Only Grads can.
I believe the SoCon is the only league that doesn’t allow it.
 #61680  by The Jackal
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:30 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:11 pm
FYI… had a convo today with someone about SoCon transfers…
Undergrad SoCon guys entering the portal can’t transfer to a league school.
Only Grads can.
I believe the SoCon is the only league that doesn’t allow it.
Yes and no.

I believe the SEC has two transfer windows. If you are outside that window, you can't transfer to another SEC school.
 #61714  by Furmanoid
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:24 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
The portal may work out great for us even if we don’t use it.
dornb, Davemeister liked this
 #61719  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:51 pm
I really think there's going to be a premium on culture and winning.

Just because you enter the transfer portal doesn't mean you have to transfer. I imagine most (every?) school is going to lose players each season to this process. However, I think with the sort of athlete we are trying to recruit, the type of student, and the culture Coach Hendrix is building and the stability of the program, we may well be a place players want to play and stay.
FurmAlum, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.