• 2023 Recruiting Diamond Cha23rs

#61640  by AstroDin
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:49 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:25 am
i imagine football recruiting has gotten significantly more difficult with the covid year exemption and the portal rule changes.i see we have eleven committments so far,but how many will we lose from our current roster?very difficult to predict.once we get through the last of the covid extra year athletes it will ease a bit.but do you hold open a few spots for incoming transfers,or to replace unanticapated transfers out?
guess you just do the best you can.
Some schools are going to be in for some hurt related to this. Wofford is going to be in a complete rebuild. Under Hendrix Furman's been very strategic when it comes to recruiting. The coaches have to based on the cost of a scholarship offer at Furman.

My guess is Furman signs 15-16 and some PWOs.
 #61644  by The Jackal
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:49 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:49 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:25 am
i imagine football recruiting has gotten significantly more difficult with the covid year exemption and the portal rule changes.i see we have eleven committments so far,but how many will we lose from our current roster?very difficult to predict.once we get through the last of the covid extra year athletes it will ease a bit.but do you hold open a few spots for incoming transfers,or to replace unanticapated transfers out?
guess you just do the best you can.
Some schools are going to be in for some hurt related to this. Wofford is going to be in a complete rebuild. Under Hendrix Furman's been very strategic when it comes to recruiting. The coaches have to based on the cost of a scholarship offer at Furman.

My guess is Furman signs 15-16 and some PWOs.

It is complicated for us (the fans) to know who is returning, but I'm willing to bet our coaching staff has a pretty good idea of who they have to replace.
 #61670  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:35 pm
Furman has offered VMI transfer DT Eric Weaver. Akron, Missouri St, Samford, Southern Illinois, Norfolk St, UT Martin, Incarnate Word, Northwestern St, Murray St, Southeastern Louisiana, Austin Peay, Tenn Tech, and EKU have offered.

AstroDin liked this
 #62293  by AstroDin
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:19 am
This weekend appears to be a big official visit weekend.
Lewis and Vaughn just made an in-home visit with George yesterday.
George would be a BIG pickup.

#62433  by The Jackal
 Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:37 am
It would appear a number of our committed players plus a lot of those we have offers to are coming to campus this weekend for official visits.

I suppose it is positive that at this point in the calendar these guys are coming to Greenville and not using one of these limited weekends somewhere else.
 #62434  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:42 am
The Jackal wrote:
It would appear a number of our committed players plus a lot of those we have offers to are coming to campus this weekend for official visits.

I suppose it is positive that at this point in the calendar these guys are coming to Greenville and not using one of these limited weekends somewhere else.
In a just world, they would be coming to watch FU beat Richmond in a Quarterfinal game and then wish the Paladins good luck in their semifinals rematch the following week in Birmingham.

It is not a just world. :(
AstroDin, Davemeister, dornb liked this
 #62453  by The Jackal
 Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:28 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:42 am
The Jackal wrote:

In a just world, they would be coming to watch FU beat Richmond in a Quarterfinal game and then wish the Paladins good luck in their semifinals rematch the following week in Birmingham.

It is not a just world. :(

It isn't, but with signing day around the corner, it's better they are at Furman than elsewhere.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.