• Furman-Elon Radio Highlights/Issue Update

#61391  by DanScott
 Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:34 am
All,

Talked with PD at The Fan. He was very apologetic. Was a technical issue. Computer system didn’t switch over like it should have. And being a holiday weekend, usual number of people normally there were gone. Says they’ll have multiple sets of eyes on it this week.

Working to get the full game archived and available, but here are the highlights. Enjoy!

PS - If you haven’t checked out my GSM post from last week in General, please do so. God bless!

https://on.soundcloud.com/T9oagRKCbqs4d2wS9
apaladin liked this
 #61402  by furpop16
 Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 pm
DanScott wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:34 am

Talked with PD at The Fan. He was very apologetic. Was a technical issue. Computer system didn’t switch over like it should have. And being a holiday weekend, usual number of people normally there were gone. Says they’ll have multiple sets of eyes on it this week.

Thanks for the update, Dan, and thank you for going the extra mile retrieving & posting an archive.

I understand Dan's gotta be sweet to these folks as he has to work with them, but I hope JD is taking a harder line. Would the land-grant university down the street be so forgiving? We have attorneys on the uffp, doesn't this smack of "breach"? Seems to me something outta be coming back on this one.
dornb liked this
 #61431  by Louis Tully
 Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm
Complete disrespect to Furman by the radio station.
 #61433  by Bootie
 Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:42 pm
Legalities? Disrespect? I think we need to put down the pitchforks haha. I’ve dealt with situations like this, and the screw up was likely due simply to the fact that the radio station had a deal with furman for weekly radio broadcasts but the computer or device that handles the programming was not expecting a post season broadcast and the ball was dropped somewhere to make it so, and by the time anyone realized it, there was no one physically there at the station to fix it. The station will likely not charge furman for the broadcast, and perhaps a reduced or free rate for this week. I’m speculating on much of that but it just seems premature to call for legal action or blame them for some intentional disrespect.
Roundball, dornb, apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #61435  by Louis Tully
 Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:49 pm
They better get it fixed or I'm writing a letter.
 #61455  by Flagman
 Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:55 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:13 pm
Speaking of technical issues- as bad as the refs are, would still be nice to have a microphone that worked when they tell us the penalty.
It hasn't worked all season.
dornb liked this
 #61486  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:10 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:55 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:13 pm
Speaking of technical issues- as bad as the refs are, would still be nice to have a microphone that worked when they tell us the penalty.
It hasn't worked all season.

It definitely worked during the Samford game. I could hear all of the nonsense coming out of the white hat's mouth. Didn't make any more sense, but at least it was clear.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.