• Elon

#61234  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:31 pm
 #61241  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:20 pm
 #61243  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:44 pm
Great effort by the Paladins.

Elon's got a tough defense and while we had success you saw us wear them down late and then pile it on. That 4th quarter drive was just a clinic in how to put away a football game.

Defense was just overwhelming again. That was one of the nation's best rushing attacks that just couldn't get anything going on the ground.

Move onto UIW, who I can assure you hasn't played an FCS team of our caliber yet.
furpop16, bj93, dornb and 3 others liked this
 #61245  by FurmAlum
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:03 pm
That was a great win! Enjoyed every minute except for not being able to here Dan, David, and Marcus.

The Fan has some splaining to do.

#6 on both sides of the ball is something else.
dornb liked this
 #61248  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:26 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:03 pm
That was a great win! Enjoyed every minute except for not being able to here Dan, David, and Marcus.

The Fan has some splaining to do.

#6 on both sides of the ball is something else.
I panicked when I tuned into The Fan and Dan wasn’t there. Luckily he had the FB live feed going. But yea, huge fail by The Fan
 #61249  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:27 pm
For pete's sake. The CAA got 5 teams in the post season and somehow Richmond drew this garbage.

Davemeister liked this
 #61256  by FurmAlum
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:48 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:29 pm
Mercer would have hammered UNH or Fordham.
Yeah. Prob Chatty and maybe WCU too.
FUBeAR liked this
 #61258  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:05 pm
Tyler Huff certainly missed some passes but was good enough passing and was phenomenal with his legs. Excited he will be back next year.

Defense was dominant.

Great win at home instead of playing a cupcake. Hopefully this win will help us move even further along in the playoffs.

Happy for the fans, players and coaches. Important win for the program moving forward.

Hopefully we “are back” after two disappointing seasons in 2021.
dornb, apaladin, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #61263  by Bootie
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:32 pm
Looks like my concern of being duped by a fake was unfounded.

dornb, FUBeAR, Davemeister and 1 others liked this
 #61264  by gman84
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:22 pm
Great team win! I like the attitude of this team. Not too high, very business like. Confident, not cocky. Let’s keep it rolling!
dornb, apaladin liked this
 #61266  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:33 pm
Bootie wrote:

Listening to Hendrix's post game, it sounds like Furman has been expecting the fake considering how successful they are at blocking kicks.

Honestly, I've been expecting to see a fake kick, but I definitely didn't expect a team to try to run one like Elon did. There's a good reason coaches don't like their slightly built kickers to run the ball.
 #61268  by Bootie
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:54 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:33 pm
Bootie wrote:

Listening to Hendrix's post game, it sounds like Furman has been expecting the fake considering how successful they are at blocking kicks.

Honestly, I've been expecting to see a fake kick, but I definitely didn't expect a team to try to run one like Elon did. There's a good reason coaches don't like their slightly built kickers to run the ball.
A better angle, but it won’t preview here like a Twitter link will… Blacksheer is waiting for it.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/football/202 ... s-playoffs
dornb, FU Hoopla, QCGlue liked this
 #61277  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:13 pm
If I had to guess, I think made a statistically justifiable call that backfired.

Furman definitely has a "block" and a "safe" (or whatever they call them) on the kick block team. When Furman is really coming after the ball, you'll see Blackshear and Brinson screaming off the edge. Here's their full block mode against Mercer.

Elon was in a pretty clear kick situation - second quarter, defensive battle, a field goal brings the game within 1 score.

Elon probably expected Furman to come after the kick. If Furman sent Brinson and Blackshear like they did against Mercer, the little lateral pass play may well have worked for a touchdown. Brinson and Blackshear would have run right by the kicker.

Furman did what they did against Wofford, though, which was hang back their edge guys anticipating a fake.

Elon's coach is going to catch a lot of heat for that particular call because of how badly it went. I suspect it was a justifiable call, Furman just didn't do what Elon thought they would do.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.