• GREENVILLE WINTER INVITATIONAL

#60961  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:27 pm
Still almost a month away but doubt we will see a lot of tiger and gamecock fans there. Was hoping this would be well attended and become a great annual event. As of right now ticket sales are not great but like I said still some time.
 #60970  by FurmAlum
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:58 pm
I actually see some potential for USC. They just have a bunch of new players that have not had a lot of experience playing together.

Brown was a very effective player at the Citadel and the Gamecocks did a very poor job of getting him the ball close to the basket where he can do some damage.

GG is a good player and will be a great player in the future, but still making freshman mistakes. He's gonna be hard to handle later in the season. But he's not ready for the NBA and would benefit from another year in college ball.
 #60972  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:08 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:58 pm
I actually see some potential for USC. They just have a bunch of new players that have not had a lot of experience playing together.

Brown was a very effective player at the Citadel and the Gamecocks did a very poor job of getting him the ball close to the basket where he can do some damage.

GG is a good player and will be a great player in the future, but still making freshman mistakes. He's gonna be hard to handle later in the season. But he's not ready for the NBA and would benefit from another year in college ball.

I agree, without an elite outside shot GG needs to be hitting the weights more and strengthen up if he's going to be a qulaity NBA talent
 #60987  by purplehorse
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:43 pm
A shame that you don’t have Furman playing USC or Clemson in this. College of Charleston or another state school would be a good 4th team. I bet if you had say a two day tourney with 4 teams like this the attendance would be very good. Oh well. It is what it is.
 #60992  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:59 pm
I suspect when its all said and done attendance will be decent, if nothing else its going to be better than it would have been if it was only FU vs. SF Austin
 #61102  by Furmanoid
 Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:01 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:36 pm
The Cocks can only hope Greenville is kinder to them than Charleston. They were the Biggest Loser.
I guess I’m glad we lost. The champion is about 60 spots behind us aren’t they?
FU Hoopla liked this
 #61115  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:51 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:01 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:36 pm
The Cocks can only hope Greenville is kinder to them than Charleston. They were the Biggest Loser.
I guess I’m glad we lost. The champion is about 60 spots behind us aren’t they?
Interesting indeed lol
I do think we would beat Charleston in Greenville easy, they had the easy path to the final and homecourt in Charleston

KenPom:
https://kenpom.com
 #61642  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:25 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:05 am
If our Football Team is playing in the Semifinals on the 17th, I hope they draw an early kickoff time or a night game.
One game is Friday night and the one on Saturday usually kicks at noon so prolly not a problem. Would be a nice problem to have though.
FU Hoopla, Davemeister liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.