• Elon

#60909  by MNORM
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:14 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:10 am
This will be fun reading for the week. https://elonphans.proboards.com/thread/ ... urday-26th
"The Furman fans aren't as hostile as a Georgia Southern for example, but when they get started with their signature chant, they get ugly quick."

Huh?
Yeah, we Furman fans are a real hostile group. :lol: :roll:
gman84, dornb liked this
 #60910  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:22 am
MNORM wrote:
Roundball wrote:
This will be fun reading for the week. https://elonphans.proboards.com/thread/ ... urday-26th
"The Furman fans aren't as hostile as a Georgia Southern for example, but when they get started with their signature chant, they get ugly quick."

Huh?
Yeah, “hostile” is pretty far off-base, but “ugly” is spot on. FUBeAR has seen most of y’all at these games.

#60914  by Davemeister
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:29 am
We need to get our "ugly" on this Saturday.
dornb, FUBeAR liked this
 #60922  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:41 am
MNORM wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Huh?

I'm sort of over the other fans lurking over here and running back to their forum to talk about how unreasonable Furman fans are.
 #60924  by MNORM
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:47 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:41 am
MNORM wrote:
Roundball wrote:

Huh?

I'm sort of over the other fans lurking over here and running back to their forum to talk about how unreasonable Furman fans are.
You think it's bad here, you should see the clown car on the AGS. Well....that's just one guy.
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #60927  by MidlandsPaladin
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:07 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:52 am
MNORM wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:35 am
dornb wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:35 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:34 pm
Tickets purchased. Any ideas about parking passes?
I have purchased mine too and I have emailed Dwight to ask about parking passes. I kept my pass from
yesterday and I asked him if I could use it next Saturday. I hope he will put something out for everyone about this and about whether they will have a Fan Zone set up.
Same here. Bought and printed my tickets but nothing in the emails referencing parking for Paladin Club members.
Guess worst case we simply pay $10 and move on.

I've never had anyone at the Stadium scrutinize my Parking Pass. I am confident one from the Wofford game or any other game will do.
That would be great if I had thought to keep one... :x
 #60930  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:19 pm
Excited to see how the DINS stack up.
I guess this is a #2 SoCon vs #2 CAA matchup.

I've always considered Elon as a physical team, and we always seem to play close games.

The DINS appear to be hitting their stride as a complete unit. Our coaches are doing a phenomenal job in scheming and preparing the team. I look forward to watching with Roper has come up with for this matchup.
 #60932  by Flagman
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:23 pm
Elon didn't play on Saturday. Is that good or bad?
 #60933  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:43 pm
AstroDin wrote:

I've always considered Elon as a physical team, and we always seem to play close games.

The DINS appear to be hitting their stride as a complete unit. Our coaches are doing a phenomenal job in scheming and preparing the team. I look forward to watching with Roper has come up with for this matchup.
just make sure to keep good mojo. Last time I saw a lot of "looking forward to seeing what we scheme" etc was the Samford game. I don't look forward to anything but a win
 #60935  by MNORM
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:47 pm
Flagman wrote:

Unless I missed something, Elon is 5-0 since 2017 in games following a bye week. Three of those games were vs. Rhode Island.
 #60937  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:48 pm
AstroDin wrote:
New Hampshire fans would disagree.
They tied for the CAA Championship and beat Elon by 3 scores.
UNH lost the AutoBid tiebreaker to William & Mary via some points thing as they did not meet head-to-head.

We can say #2 SoCon vs #3 CAA though.
Elon tied for 3rd with Richmond, but won their head-to-head over the Spiders by 3 in OT.
 #60938  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:58 pm
Flagman wrote:

Good question. In my years watching football, I've seen teams look great out of bye weeks and terrible out of bye weeks.

Elon's last two games were against two of the weaker CAA programs (Albany and Hampton). Then they had a bye week. So, it's been close to a month since they've faced a team closer to Furman's quality. They also didn't know they were playing Furman until yesterday, so it wasn't a situation where they could really spend a lot of prep work during their off week on any single opponent.

It's also a noon kickoff. We just had a noon kickoff at home. Elon hasn't had a noon kickoff this season. Will that be an impact?
 #60942  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:13 pm
gofurman wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

just make sure to keep good mojo. Last time I saw a lot of "looking forward to seeing what we scheme" etc was the Samford game. I don't look forward to anything but a win
Not sure I was concerning that game - we came in with a lot of unknowns with Jace at QB.
Scheming has become a topic since the Chatty game. I do like the X and O stuff, and with JR at the helm.
We don't seem to just try to force something an entire game.
 #60948  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:38 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:13 pm
gofurman wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

Not sure I was concerning that game - we came in with a lot of unknowns with Jace at QB.
Scheming has become a topic since the Chatty game. I do like the X and O stuff, and with JR at the helm.
We don't seem to just try to force something an entire game.

We do different things offensively just about every week.

It's still important to remember that Furman was breaking in a new OC with a QB that wasn't even here for spring practice. Huff missed a lot of time and was a backup at PC, so he isn't exactly super experienced.

Every week they look better. Every week you see more creativity, more precision, more explosiveness as these guys get more confident in the system.
 #60950  by MidlandsPaladin
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:45 pm
Regarding Parking for Saturday...I just got an email:

Donor Parking Advisory

Furman Football vs. Elon (FCS Playoffs)
Saturday, November 26th, 12:00pm
Paladin Stadium, Greenville, SC

As Furman Football prepares to host Elon in the First Round of the 2022 FCS Playoffs, we would like to provide some clarity on donor parking privileges for Saturday's game:

Your assigned parking privileges will remain the same for Saturday's game, and will be honored as they have been for all games at Paladin Stadium during the 2022 regular-season.

In regard to parking hang tags: Hang tags will not be necessary for entry into your assigned lots/spaces for Saturday's game. Furman Athletics Fund donors will not be asked or required to demonstrate a pass upon entry.

Please don't hesitate to contact Alex Marinelli (alex.marinelli5@furman.edu| 864-294-3469) with any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you!

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.