• Furman vs. Penn St. Nov. 17th (11:30am Charleston Classic)

#60366  by Fork457
 Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:18 pm
Glimmer of hope at the end there. Need to play through slawson, try to get anything going in transition. Bottom line they’re packing it in pretty hard we’re gonna have to step in and shoot 3s with confidence. Expect them to cool down a bit but our rotations have to be more on point
 #60369  by purplehorse
 Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:21 pm
Did Anderson play at all in the first half?

They are a great 3 point shooting team looking to shoot 3’s.

We are extremely tentative on 3’s
20 % on 3’s (3 for 15) won’t win many big games. I think that is our Achilles’ tendon. We really need a confident pure 3 point shooter. Miss Alex Hunter and Connelly.

Pretty embarrassing first half. So many easy short shots missed (Hien, Foster, Hughey, Pegues etc.). We also lost the physicality battle.

My two words for our first half are TENATIVE and INCONSISTENT.

I am hoping for a nearly perfect second half to win. The first half was a learning experience. I hope Bothwell and Slawson take over. Bothwell has shot and made very few 3’s this year (ditto for Slawson).

GO PALADINS!
 #60371  by furmandad
 Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:40 am
Hoping we live up to the hype. Win today and the worst we can do is play for third place on Sunday. Lose today and the best we can play for is 5th place. For a matchup with SC they both either have to win or lose today or the mstchup won’t be possible.
It’s matchup, not mstchup. :lol: