• Stepping up

#60293  by Furmanoid
 Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:08 pm
All nine scored. All but one played at least 1/4 of the game. We have at least 9 guys we think can play significant minutes and be productive (as opposed to just giving somebody a 1 minute test). For every player who can do that we get 5 more fouls. So even an improvement of 1 such player is big.
 #60295  by FurmAlum
 Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:53 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:52 am
And my 29-1 isn’t crazy. It allows us to lose against either Penn State or NC State. Who else is going to beat us? We shouldn’t lose SoCon games. In the past we’ve lost those when the 3 point lid was on. I think we may be inoculated against that now. I’m cautiously optimistic that this team will beat teams they are supposed to beat, and that’s pretty much everybody.
29-1 Wow! I've never seen you this optimistic. I agree that relying less on the 3-point shot is a major positive development. And I think we go 10 deep when A. Williams gets back.

It will be hard to get thru the non-conference games and the SoCon road games without a few losses. I would take 26-4 with a win in the SoCon Tourney.

Regarding "playing the hot hand", Richey does a great job of this. He let Anderson play a lot of minutes in the second half the other night since he was playing so well. I think we will see a lot of that this year with multiple players.