• Wofford

#59963  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:31 am
FOCUS GUYS. Beat them please.

this is not the Wofford that lost so many games. . All that matters is how they are playing now. And now they have a new coach and are 3-1 in last 4. This is not VMI. Easily a mid-tier team now. Remember all you have done to earn the playoffs and don’t lose it now. Crush them.

Focus and leave no doubt!!! Beat them and get a playoff bid. This will be Wofford Super Bowl as they would love nothing more than to beat us on our Senior day and hurt our playoff chances.
FU Hoopla, bj93 liked this
 #59969  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:45 am
FU will roll!
 #59972  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:45 am
Woffor has improved.

They still lost to Samford, Mercer, and UTC by a combined 101-21.

I've got confidence this Furman team isn't going to overlook the terriers.
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #59973  by gman84
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:46 am
Wooford would like nothing more than to crap on our season. I don’t see this happening. I’m not saying the game won’t be a tough one, but this team will not allow their fate to be determined by a selection committee.
FU Hoopla, bj93, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #59977  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:27 am
Watching some of their games, they aren't doing anything special or different on either side of the ball.

Honestly, they look like a team that is playing for a coach they want to go to battle with instead of a guy they didn't like. I think Conklin had them flat every week. The interim coach at least has them playing to their capabilities.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #59982  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:07 am
Wofftard stinks!
 #59988  by Davemeister
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:50 am
This Furman Team has worked too hard and come too far to let the Terriers jamb us up come Saturday.

Having said that, I hope gofurman is very, very, VERY skeered of Wofford.
FU Hoopla, bj93, gman84 and 1 others liked this
 #59997  by FUBeAR
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:01 am
gman84 wrote:
Wooford would like nothing more than to crap on our season. I don’t see this happening. I’m not saying the game won’t be a tough one, but this team will not allow their fate to be determined by a selection committee.
Samford has clinched the SoCon AQ. This Furman Team’s “fate” will be determined by a selection committee.

With a win over Wofford, the Playoff Selection will, almost certainly, but reluctantly, do the right thing and extend an At-Large bid to 9-2 / 7-1 Furman. How they will screw Furman (potentially) affecting “fate,” is…

…they will not seed a Paladin Team that should be seeded…
…they will pair Furman with a Team in the 1st round that they know has submitted a very high bid to host..
…they will pair Furman, in round 2, with one or more of…
a) very highly seeded Team,
b) a Team known for having ridiculous early December weather,
c) a Team with a ridiculous home field advantage (NDSU…maybe), and
d) a Team far, far away.

That said…some or all of these things probably would have occurred even if Furman was 10-1 / 8-0…maybe even if 11-0 / 8-0. ETSU received minimal props from the Committee for SEC win last season.

Beat Wofford / Bid Big / Hope for the Best
 #59999  by Sad Din
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:03 am
just to start the smack talk.. here's to that great woffy education :). Its a tough word to spell, SD knows

FUBeAR, FU Hoopla, Stumpy liked this
 #60000  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 am
How big a bid are we talking about?
 #60001  by FUBeAR
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:15 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 am
How big a bid are we talking about?
gman84 liked this
 #60021  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:03 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:01 am
gman84 wrote:
Samford has clinched the SoCon AQ. This Furman Team’s “fate” will be determined by a selection committee.

With a win over Wofford, the Playoff Selection will, almost certainly, but reluctantly, do the right thing and extend an At-Large bid to 9-2 / 7-1 Furman. How they will screw Furman (potentially) affecting “fate,” is…

…they will not seed a Paladin Team that should be seeded…
…they will pair Furman with a Team in the 1st round that they know has submitted a very high bid to host..
…they will pair Furman, in round 2, with one or more of…
a) very highly seeded Team,
b) a Team known for having ridiculous early December weather,
c) a Team with a ridiculous home field advantage (NDSU…maybe), and
d) a Team far, far away.

That said…some or all of these things probably would have occurred even if Furman was 10-1 / 8-0…maybe even if 11-0 / 8-0. ETSU received minimal props from the Committee for SEC win last season.

Beat Wofford / Bid Big / Hope for the Best

We already know we're going on the road to Elon and then to Samford. Just like always.
 #60038  by Bootie
 Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:35 pm
I want Samford. I'll take any path to play them and beat them down with a healthy Tyler Huff.
apaladin, Paladin82, FU Hoopla and 6 others liked this