• Belmont @ Furman Nov. 11th (Mid-Major Showdown)

#59532  by Roundball
 Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:31 pm
I guess we will not know if JS will play until Friday but if anyone finds out let us know. TIA
Even if I knew, I would not share it. Whether or not Slawson plays needs to come only from Coach Richey.
 #59546  by cavedweller2
 Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:35 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:11 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:10 pm
Watched the last part of the Belmont-Ohio game. Belmont blew a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left. Ohio hit a 3 pointer with .8 seconds left to go up 69-67. The Refs put the time back to 1.8 seconds. Belmont threw a pass to mid-court and called time out with .8 seconds. The Refs put the time back to 1.1. Belmont inbounded the ball and their player hit a long 3 pointer to win the game. Total bullshit. I thought the Ohio coach was going to have a coronary.

I don't know how good Ohio is but Belmont is never bad. They will be all over Slaw and Both. Our perimeter players are going to have to shoot better than they did tonight.

However the Foster/Vanderwal matchup might be tough for them. Also Hein if they double team Slaw.

And they won't have the Homer Refs.

Indeed, no homer refs for Belmont this time unlike last season
Just SoCon refs. Or worse.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #59553  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:23 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:35 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:11 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:10 pm
Watched the last part of the Belmont-Ohio game. Belmont blew a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left. Ohio hit a 3 pointer with .8 seconds left to go up 69-67. The Refs put the time back to 1.8 seconds. Belmont threw a pass to mid-court and called time out with .8 seconds. The Refs put the time back to 1.1. Belmont inbounded the ball and their player hit a long 3 pointer to win the game. Total bullshit. I thought the Ohio coach was going to have a coronary.

I don't know how good Ohio is but Belmont is never bad. They will be all over Slaw and Both. Our perimeter players are going to have to shoot better than they did tonight.

However the Foster/Vanderwal matchup might be tough for them. Also Hein if they double team Slaw.

And they won't have the Homer Refs.

Indeed, no homer refs for Belmont this time unlike last season
Just SoCon refs. Or worse.
Last season was corrupt, I think I prefer incompetent over corrupt
 #59554  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:12 pm
It can't be understated what a win against Belmont Friday would mean as it relates to the programs momentum moving forward, huge opportunity for us getting them at home
 #59557  by FurmAlum
 Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:24 pm
If Slawson can't go I would start Hughey. Vanderwal will still get plenty of PT.

Would still go with Pegues at the point for now, but I do like him as a 2 guard also. I don't know if anyone else noticed it last night but they had Both bringing the ball up a few times in the second half. Anderson is reliable at the point too and I would expect him to play a lot at that position Friday night.

Also like Whitt, too. All 3 were on the court at the same time in the second half for a while.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #59560  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:32 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:27 pm
Regarding Slawson.

I had a high school teammate that broke his thumb right before Christmas. He was out until the first of Feb.

Hopefully Slaw's injury is not that serious.
Thanks for scaring the crap out of me.