• Chattanooga 10/29 - Homecoming

#58813  by FurmAlum
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:06 pm
Agree with all the above. This is going to be a tough, physical game.

By the way, FU has knocked out the opposing team's QB in the last two consecutive games. We might be getting a reputation for that. Just sayin...
FUBeAR, AstroDin liked this
 #58849  by apaladin
 Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:18 pm
So sad that it looks like hardly any tickets sold this week. Site still looks the same as it did Monday. Playing for first place in a homecoming game and can’t get 10k. :cry:
 #58875  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:23 am
Excited for this contest today. Furman/UTC during Hendrix's tenure have typically been close affairs. No reason to think today will be any different.

Furman's going to have to crack the Moc defense. I expect we are going to have to rely on Huff adding that extra run threat in the backfield to keep them honest. Gotta make our throws and hold on to the football. I'm excited to see what Roper opts to throw at them.

Defensively, just stay in the fight and limit the big plays. Have to have a great tackling day and not give their backs second and third chance yards.
AstroDin, dornb liked this
 #58876  by AstroDin
 Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:48 am
Noticed this little line from a Chatty hometown rag…
"This is one of the better teams in the SoCon, but Chattanooga is truly the better team but heading to Greenville, SC is going to be no easy task as UTC is 21-30 against Furman in the series history."

My take on these skim-the-surface reviews.
Little deeper research. This comment is an example, statistically correct, but…
"The running game is where their bread is buttered with a very talented junior running back Dominic Roberto who's racked up 779 yards on the ground (6.7 yards per rush) on 117 attempts, and eight rushing touchdowns. However, he doesn't get involved much in the passing game so the Mocs shouldn't have to worry about that with only five catches for 60 yards and one score."

All the Paladin backs can catch the ball, Furman's backs kept Clemson on its heels.

Let's go DINS!
 #58879  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:16 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:48 am
Noticed this little line from a Chatty hometown rag…
"This is one of the better teams in the SoCon, but Chattanooga is truly the better team but heading to Greenville, SC is going to be no easy task as UTC is 21-30 against Furman in the series history."

My take on these skim-the-surface reviews.
Little deeper research. This comment is an example, statistically correct, but…
"The running game is where their bread is buttered with a very talented junior running back Dominic Roberto who's racked up 779 yards on the ground (6.7 yards per rush) on 117 attempts, and eight rushing touchdowns. However, he doesn't get involved much in the passing game so the Mocs shouldn't have to worry about that with only five catches for 60 yards and one score."

All the Paladin backs can catch the ball, Furman's backs kept Clemson on its heels.

Let's go DINS!
That first statement is odd. Furman and UTC have played two common opponents and Furman has beaten both more convincingly than UTC did. Furman has also played a tougher schedule.

The second statement is just silly. I truly hope UTC doesn't bother to worry about our RBs as pass catchers.